The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

27 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Okay, as a sympathiser of Scar, no one can argue now that he is a baddie, he just has cat instinct, to drop something, like all cats do. How can you name him a villain?

UnrulyMindlessAardvark-size_restricted.g

Cat-Pushes-another-Cat-Down-the-Stairs.g

09c3229d5951ad2e0fe18bf74615ec0b.gif

• Haha 2

Wow. I can't begin to figure out how she's doing that, but it's cool! Thanks!

This is making the rounds on Facebook:

VXNU5KQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/28/2019 at 9:31 AM, Arcadia said:

Although she did steal a decoration from the fern in the kitchen, and ran off and hid it. One of my favorite decorations, too, had it since I was a kid in Korea. Still haven't figured out where she put it. Bad kitty.

Found it! :D 

• Like 3

Artemis reminded me yesterday was Easter, when Bing had this picture on their homepage. Squeee!

tsSLx1K.jpg?1

Young European rabbit and its mom. The description went on to talk about how it's an invasive species and has devastated many habitats, yadda yadda, which didn't seem very in the spirit of Easter to me, but hey. :rolleyes: I still think they're cute.

Which reminds me, I finally got to see a couple of baby squirrels! Been looking for years but never spotted one before. So adorable! Tried to get a picture but they were too far for my little compact camera, boo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I finally got to see a couple of baby squirrels! Been looking for years but never spotted one before. So adorable! Tried to get a picture but they were too far for my little compact camera, boo.

Well, at least you can testify to their existence!  The same thought had occurred to me a few years back -- where do squirrels come from, if we never see any babies?  (I've seen some slightly smaller ones, juveniles, I suppose, and I've seen what I take to be squirrel nests, way up high in the trees, but that's it.)  How old would you guess they were?

Well, that's why I was looking, because several different people have talked about seeing them as if they were as common as mushrooms. I don't have any idea how fast squirrels grow, but these looked about one-third the size of an adult, and were sticking close to one spot on the tree, which made me think they weren't too terribly old. But not newborns, of course.

I've seen smaller squirrels but never sure if they were juveniles or just, er, smaller squirrels. Seems like none of the squirrels in my yard are as big as the ones I see in the parks, I'm guessing because I don't feed them. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

I've seen young/baby squirrels, but not a whole lot.  I got a photo of one that was hanging around one of my dogs.  He was very small, probably about a third or fourth the size of a grown squirrel.  (Hard to tell by comparison in the photo, as my dog is also very small, lol.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I don't have any idea how fast squirrels grow, but these looked about one-third the size of an adult....

So, if they were kittens, they'd be about three or four months old?  (Assuming you meant about one-third the weight of an adult, rather than, say, one-third the length.)  I tried a web search, but most of the photos show nothing by which to judge their size -- plus there are a number of squirrel species shown, and presumably they differ in size even as adults.  Never can remember the official name of the species we have around here.

I'm guessing they were a little smaller than the one in Artie's photo. Hard to tell, but maybe like a 2-3 month kitten? Their tails were really fluffy, so not baby babies.

• Thanks 1

Why do you think I looked so shocked all the time? 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Why do you think I looked so shocked all the time? 

You are not donning bow tie anytime soon though?

But if you must, consider pairing it with those cute fluffy animal slipper.

15265993-image-crop-550x631-1584007479-7

• Like 1

Squee! They're adorable. I want some!

Actually, this is what two different people gave me for Christmas:

dkHWeKe.jpg

The other ones are pink. Yes, I wear them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I want to know is, how did you take that picture?  Or did your cat do it?  Or are those not actual feet inside?

Magic! :P 

Seriously ... I just rotated the picture 180 after I took it. :D 

What glue you are using? Mine keeps falling on my head it's not funny anymore.

It's magic trick!

15273445-a990y61qh3q41-1586866221-728-2b

And this must be moocat.

15273481-image-crop-625x561-1586362990-7

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Clever kitties!

Not so clever kitty:

dA9ksUb.jpg

(For those who don't know, "Fly you fools!" is a reference to the first Lord of the Rings movie; it's what one character yells as he falls to his doom.)

• Haha 2