The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Well this one...

34 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

70ndif0.jpg

... is a perfectly normal cat.  But yeah, you might want to keep an exorcist on speed-dial for those others.

• Like 2

Important and urgent question:

Do dogs lick face to get rid of butt's taste or do they lick butt to get rid of face's taste?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Do dogs lick face to get rid of butt's taste or do they lick butt to get rid of face's taste?

Sorry, we don't have dogs, so I have no idea.  But why are you letting the dog lick your butt -- stores still out of toilet paper?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tongue 1

7 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Sorry, we don't have dogs, so I have no idea.  But why are you letting the dog lick your butt -- stores still out of toilet paper?

From all possible responses, I didn't see this one coming :D. Well done!

This is not my dog, but he does exact same thing everytime I work.

15368608-image-crop-781x643-1591557891-7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cats do that too, except they do it on the keyboard.

1 hour ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Thank you.  I was rather proud of that one myself, especially since it's relevant to current events.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 11:05 PM, Van Buren Supernova said:

This is not my dog, but he does exact same thing everytime I work.

One of my dogs does this.  I’m always worried about running him over, but I’ve taught him a trick.  If he’s in the way or lying anywhere I don’t want him to be ‘cause I have to get up, I say “Beep beep!” (like honking a horn), and he’ll (usually) move.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Cats do that too, except they do it on the keyboard.

My dog does that too, but at least on the side, only covers about one fifth so I could still work. 

11 hours ago, Artemis said:

One of my dogs does this.  I’m always worried about running him over, but I’ve taught him a trick.  If he’s in the way or lying anywhere I don’t want him to be ‘cause I have to get up, I say “Beep beep!” (like honking a horn), and he’ll (usually) move.

Mine has so much faith that he confidently stays and let me navigate inch by inch painstakingly. But if I actually ask him to move (which need a couple of calling) he would look at me with pissed face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 12:05 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

No kiddin', even I am impressed. :D 

• Thanks 1

Back to the birdie GIFs -- the first one is obviously a bald eagle, apparently from some North American wilderness.  (Don't think I'd care to be that close to one of those big fierce fellows!).  But what / where is the other bird?  Some species of gull, maybe?  Possibly London?

3 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

But what / where is the other bird?  Some species of gull, maybe?  Possibly London?

It is a kind of gull.  Not sure where from though.  I have seen seagulls of that variety up by Lake Superior on occasion.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  We don't much get gulls around here.  I think I've seen a few near some of the larger man-made lakes, but we're not in any of those high-rent districts.

We *do* see the occasional bald eagle, though!

It's always mystified me why seagulls can be found inland at all. We have tons of them at the landfill, it's weird to me to see them. Although I guess we're not that far from the coast, but still.....

On 8/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, Arcadia said:

It's always mystified me why seagulls can be found inland at all. We have tons of them at the landfill....

Looks to me like you just answered your own question.  Like any bird, they're attracted by food sources.  Thus their fondness for fast-food restaurants.  And as you say, you're not all that far from the ocean.  They don't seem to need salt water, either; as Artemis says, they also hang out around lakes, especially the larger ones.

P.S.:  A lot of people call them seagulls, but technically, they're just gulls -- if that makes you feel any better.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Just like the cartoons in Mad Magazine!   :D

Those were always my favorite thing in the whole magazine.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:01 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

P.S.:  A lot of people call them seagulls, but technically, they're just gulls -- if that makes you feel any better.

Infinitely. :P 

• Tongue 1

Well actually they are black backed gulls, black headed gulls, common gulls, herring gulls etc...

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Those were always my favorite thing in the whole magazine.

Interesting.  I used to "read" those (in quotes because there was never any dialog), but -- well, let's just say that Spy vs Spy was never my favorite.  I may have eventually started skipping them altogether.  I wasn't particularly fond of the "Lighter Side of..." strips either.  But the Don Martin cartoons -- they're a whole different story!  And I enjoyed many of the movie / TV parodies.

2 hours ago, besleybean said:

Well actually they are black backed gulls, black headed gulls, common gulls, herring gulls etc...

True, there are lots of different species.  (When I said they were called "just gulls," I meant that was their generic name, as opposed to "seagulls.")

I loved the Mad Marginals by Sergio Aragonés best. So much humor in such a tiny space. :smile:

0RxPeI7.jpg