Caya

LEAVE ME!!  LET ME BE!!

dramatic-16.jpg

WAIT! I CHANGE MY MIND!!! DON'T GO!!!

Overly-Dramatic-Cats-7.jpg

HE IS GOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!

40e0d023c32ac45bd7d16cb8599273da.png

• Haha 3

Looks like our Nelly -- too bad she didn't have one of those things (whatever it is -- some kind of motorcycle?  hovercraft?).

They say those who stay together tend to look alike eventually.

96ca8953fc86c71af324ac53f3.jpg

The science of snorkelling.

010ec951859b49241ec1eaa2d1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a similar poster at our vet clinic, but it's got fewer poses, only four, I think.  The top row of this one cracked me up!

Ah, my favorite thread. How could I have abandoned it for so long?

I assume that's a joke.  Or at least I hope it is.  (Otherwise there's another family out there somewhere, wondering what happened to their sweet little kitty.)  (Yes, I know, I worry too much.)

A quick googling showed that the man's name is Stanislav Zak, from Russia, and that it happened this spring, but no idea if the bonus cat was someone else's pet - might have been a stray or feral. Also, this has happened before apparently:

• Thanks 1

Yes, cats do sometimes just show up.  That's where virtually all of ours have come from.  Usually, though, there's some evidence that they've recently gotten lost or that it's been ages since they had a decent home.  In the former case, we advertise, but in the rare cases when anyone does respond, it's a somewhat different cat they're looking for.

This is slightly different, but I've known a couple of people (my brother, for one) who lost a cat, then have it show up, only to eventually realize it was a different cat. I always think the same thing as you, Carol ... what about the real owners? 😢

I had a kitten show up at the back door one time, shortly after my cat died. Just sitting there, like he was waiting for me. I didn't keep him, though ... I'd already made arrangements to get another cat, and for reasons didn't want a second one. Stopped for gas as I was taking him to the shelter, and the girl at the shop saw him and asked if she could have him. Funny how the world works sometimes.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:55 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

@Van Buren Supernova -- you do realize that this photo

15130632-m31nwolqlyl31-1568642425-728-7e

... shows two different cats?  One (a black-on-tan tabby) is in the bag, looking out, and the other (an orange tabby) is outside it, looking in.

I apologize if that spoils your day (and shall refrain from saying anything about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny).

Ahem. Clearly I am needed around here. There is only one cat, looking in the bag. There is also a picture of a cat, printed on the outside of the bag. Why, I can't imagine.....

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, Arcadia said:

Ah, my favorite thread. How could I have abandoned it for so long?

Nice to see you again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Ahem. Clearly I am needed around here. There is only one cat, looking in the bag. There is also a picture of a cat, printed on the outside of the bag. Why, I can't imagine.....

Oh dear, at second glance it looks like you're right.  As Emily Litella would say, never mind!

• Haha 1