Caya

Haha I'd love to meet Expeller of Evil!

NOOOoOOoOOO Bear NOOOOOOOOO

bear.jpg

Must be a very majestic belly flop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

You think there's any water left in the pool afterward?

No, if the size of the pool is around as far as we could see.

Yes, if the pool is much bigger than shown in picture.

No, if the pool is much bigger than shown in picture, but there are multiple other bears who do belly flops simultaneously.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Caya said:

5broahhz3gl61.png

Exactly what IS that critter -- an unusual breed of cow?

I once saw a cat sitting inside an apartment-building window -- right next to a sign that said "No Pets Allowed."  But that was unfortunately before cell phones, and I didn't have my camera with me.

The post said mini highland cattle.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Exactly what IS that critter -- an unusual breed of cow?

I once saw a cat sitting inside an apartment-building window -- right next to a sign that said "No Pets Allowed."  But that was unfortunately before cell phones, and I didn't have my camera with me.

Funny, I recently saw a post on tumblr that was a picture of a cat sitting on a stone staircase with the words "Please do not sit here." On the staircase. Apparently, cats just don't care about human laws.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fantasy Lover said:

Apparently, cats just don't care about human laws.

Seems only fair.  After all, we don't care about their laws.

On 7/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Mom and my brother (who live next door to each other) have hummingbird feeders that they fill with sugar water.  Alex and I have loads of trumpet vine (Campsis radicans) growing wild in our meadow, which both hummingbirds and orioles like, and we'd like to plant some other things for them.

I failed to mention that for the past several years I have been growing nasturtiums in a couple of planters on our front porch, mostly for the hummers (but also because they're pretty).

Nasturtiums aren't hardy here, so I plant seeds every year.  Last year I was a bit late doing so.  Just as I had gotten the planters filled with fresh potting soil, I heard a familiar soft buzzing sound and (making no sudden moves) looked up to see a hummingbird hovering just the other side of the planter, apparently wanting to know why I hadn't planted them sooner.

Those little fellows are just amazing.  Their bodies are about the size of my thumb, and yet they're capable of flying across the Gulf of Mexico to their winter grounds in Central America, then back again in the spring -- and pretty clearly the same individuals come back to our neighborhood.

• Like 1

I just read a book about monks. Alas, they were not that humorous.

Well they clearly needed a Brother Barktholomew of their own then. :smile: 

U6MCCfb.jpg

• Like 3

Alas, a similar crime was committed at my house. I left a large pastel drawing (a work in progress) on my drafting table. The next morning there were little kitty paw prints all over it. And all over the floor, and all over the bookcase, and all over the computer desk.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It certainly did! I'm just not sure what.... :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, the general rule would be:  Put a cat-proof barrier between cats and whatever you don't want them messing with.