The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Man, this thread isn't going anywhere when poor Ruthyone isn't around :unsure:.

AtT2Z4N.jpg

• Like 1

That's cuz we still haven't figgured out how to work around the file size limit. :-)

I think Tim increased the limit, didn't he? Personally, I made an imgur account for storing forum pics - the registration was quick and painless, if they have a limit I've yet to run into it, uploading couldn't be easier (just drag the pics) and they even give you the correct BBCode you just need to copy&paste in here.

I think Tim increased the limit, didn't he? Personally, I made an imgur account for storing forum pics - the registration was quick and painless, if they have a limit I've yet to run into it, uploading couldn't be easier (just drag the pics) and they even give you the correct BBCode you just need to copy&paste in here.

So you have an account somewhere else, and store your pix there, and by the magic of code they appear here? I'll have to look into it one of these days.

Exactly. It's not hard at all. Basically, you can do it with (most) any pic on (most) any site, but it's called hotlinking and frowned upon when the hoster isn't a site like imgur that's specifically designed for it.

So this picture, for example:

ueTvzKe.jpg

is stored on imgur, not here. It has the address http://i.imgur.com/ueTvzKe.jpg, and by putting image tags around that address, either manually, by copying the BBCode entry imgur itself helpfully provides, or clicking on the Image symbol here (above the text field, lower row, middle), the nifty forum software knows that it's supposed to make that show up as a pic, no matter where it's from.

Thanks, that's very helpful!  I have some pix to share, just got to get around to it one day. Busy season.

This one's for you, Caya! I finally figured it out (be careful what you wish for .... :-)

X3RlnfF.jpg

• Like 3

This one's for you, Caya! I finally figured it out (be careful what you wish for .... :-)

:applause:

NH1aszC.jpg

• Like 2

Does that mean we have a Gatiss/owl meme now? :-)

It's good to see you back :hugz:. Hope things are looking up for you.

ady80hq.jpg

• Like 2