The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Dogs always win the tongue contest.

Agree. I found out the hard way, even though I was not in any contest. Those pesky adorable creatures don't recognize boundaries. XD

I was making something for my friend and came across this

2059qgw.jpg

Can't stop looking at it and making inaudible noises.

• Like 6

'The most relaxing video in the world'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBjnMsGOgM

it's true, one of the most relaxing and beautiful sounds is to listen to guinea pigs while they eat, also it's lovely to watch them.

By the way, my new housemates are here, as soon as they have settled down and got used to me, I will show you. They are alpaca guinea pigs, very cute. But they are very young and they were frozen in shock for like 2 hours when I got them, poor things...I started reading to them Harry Potter in a low voice, so they would get used to me a bit and that I mean them no harm.

• Like 4

Just curious... any reason why is it Harry Potter?

I think most fairy tales are terrifying, but Harry Potter is not exactly soothing either.

Maybe.. eh... Science of Deduction? :D

I just got the book (first one) yesterday from a used bookstore, and I wanted to start reading anyway, so I thought, hey, they are kids - kids love Harry Potter :D ...

Also, I thought naming one of them 'Hagrid' since they are alpaca-babies, and they become VERY hairy someday...the other one I name Chewbacca for that reason, haha...my older alpaca is a girl and called 'Bellana' (like in Star Trek: Voyager, she has the same hairdo somehow and is mouthy as a klingon, only no wrinkles in the forehead... :lol: ).

They are not 'frozen in shock' (guinea pigs 'freeze' when they are terrified) anymore, they even ate the salad I gave them (when I was not around) but they are still very shy, except for a few minutes when I was busy on the computer I heard little noises from back in their direction. Very cute these baby voices. :wub:

• Like 3

Ack, you make me wants to cuddle a bunny and or an alpaca >,< (still impossible, dogs with high prey drive)

• Like 1

Today they now live with my older ones, because I just checked diebrain (very good info website about lots of rodents and rabbits) if I rather should put them together with the old ones who just lost a brother, so they are less scared. (which was my plan anyway, but in the first thought I wanted a health check of the little ones from my vet first before I put them together)

And it said under 8 weeks they should not be taken away from the group (except for sisters and mum because they already can make new babies from like 4 weeks on - guinea pigs are born full developed already with hair, teeth and everything so they drink not very long at mum's 'milk bar.'..), so they can still learn social behaviour. So I thought was right but wasn't sure anymore, so I checked it. It's two years ago since I had babies here, and I left them grow with their family as long as possible. Little Rikki still lives with her Dad, her two sisters moved out last year...but only because they were troublemakers with the others and I had not enough room for everybody. Otherwise I would have kept them. They live now with a nice castrated grown guinea pig man. :)

Now the little ones are no way frozen anymore, they run around Fili, Gloin and Nikolaus (we lost Kili last week, way too young :cry:) and finally Gloin does not pester Flli and Nikolaus anymore which he did all the time since Kili died. :( He was so pissy that I thought I have to take him out of the group, but I can't do that as he is the only one who is not castrated due to a heart illness (he also has to take medicine for that), and otherwise I only have girl groups. Which is no option as I these two babies now are more than enough. ;)

Now the boys have a new task at hand: raising the children, so no time to argue anymore. :D I try to make pictures as soon as I can. I also noticed I have no picture of Bellana in my photobucket. :o

Here's my babies from 2 years ago, just a few days old :wub:

babywutzen1_zps8408c796.jpg

• Like 5

Other hairy character that I could think of... Sully? :P

2qk2c0o.jpg

'Cuse me.. 'cuse me... ball, you see?

• Like 3

*Throws rotten coconuts, shell and all toward VBS* Don't burst my bubble!

• Like 1

finally, I made a photo of Chewbacca and Hagrid (I have not yet found a better name, maybe I'll just stick with it...or maybe I name the other one Hagrid and the one with the white in his fur Chewbacca? - suggestions welcome. :D )

They start getting used to me hanging around, so I managed this shot carefully not to scare them again...

post-2288-0-96224100-1461184178_thumb.jpg

aren't they just cute? :wub:

• Like 4

I'm not sure if they're cute or not, all I see is some fuzzy balls.... :p

Haha, that's how they got their names....by the way speaking of fuzzy, here's two pictures of Miss Bellana :D

post-2288-0-11633500-1461265199_thumb.jpg

post-2288-0-64441700-1461265215_thumb.jpg

That's how the two will look when adult. Superfuzzy!

• Like 3