The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Maybe it was just a regional name or a name used by a small number of people. In my family we always called woodlouses piggywigs, but everyone else looks at me like I'm nuts whenever I say it. And there are no references to it online, so it's a mystery where it came from. 

Maybe it's like my friend who is Austrian; she calls chiggers "jiggers." It's just a misunderstanding of the word on her part, but far be it from me to correct her (she might hit me :smile:) So now her kids think they're "jiggers" too. First her household, tomorrow the world!

Why would anyone even bother ... oh, never mind. :rolleyes:

VBS, I'll see your bear:

IzMKh6P.jpg?1

and raise you a squirrel.

KqatMc7.jpg?1

• Like 2

No signs here, but came across this that was recorded in my local area (not by me sadly, I've yet to see them around here), but presenting... Dolphin Tigger!

I'm hunting about for interesting outdoorsy things to do, and came across 'sperm watch' I assumed it was about sperm whales. I was wrong:

We will survey for lugworm casts and sperm puddles – these are released by male individuals at low tide and then as the tide comes in are washed into the burrows of female animals. Co Coast need to know vital information such as when and where this sperm is released to gain a better understanding of the breeding of these important invertebrates.

EEeeeewwww. 

Um, has anyone ever attempted to hold a cat like this? Would it not result in instant death? 

79ff7ceba1a381b2e00d4a89624bc69c.jpg

Also, your squirrel won't beat my Great British Bakeoff squirrel, Arcadia. He is the king of squirrels, and literally has the balls to prove it. ;)

• Like 1

Um, has anyone ever attempted to hold a cat like this? Would it not result in instant death? 

79ff7ceba1a381b2e00d4a89624bc69c.jpg

Sure, I've held cats like that. If they're mellow enough, you can do almost anything to a cat. I admit this particular cat doesn't look very mellow .... :smile:

Also, your squirrel won't beat my Great British Bakeoff squirrel, Arcadia. He is the king of squirrels, and literally has the balls to prove it. ;)

I concede the point.

I'm hunting about for interesting outdoorsy things to do, and came across 'sperm watch' I assumed it was about sperm whales. I was wrong:

We will survey for lugworm casts and sperm puddles – these are released by male individuals at low tide and then as the tide comes in are washed into the burrows of female animals. Co Coast need to know vital information such as when and where this sperm is released to gain a better understanding of the breeding of these important invertebrates.

Oddly enough, that's *not* the mistaken assumption that I made....

It was for the sealife centre that normally does dolphin surveys. I thought it wouldn't actually be sperm related. How wrong I was.

You can't do anything to my cats, hold 'em like that and they'd have your face off. 

I only scruff my cats like that if they need to be seriously restrained.  They generally comply pretty well, unless they're already too worked up.

I can cuddle them upside-down too, and rub their tummies -- because I've done that since they were kittens, so they're comfortable with it and like it.  By contrast, our neighbors had a cat who was very sweet and would roll around on her back, apparently begging for a tummy rub -- but she had clearly *not* been raised that way!

Is that what she's doing, holding it by the scruff? I can't really tell in the picture. Anyway, no, I wouldn't do that.

I hadn't thought she was scruffing it either, but now you've pointed it out it does look like it. Mine generally like tummy rubs but sometimes, of course, it's a trap. 

Ohhhh, because its rear end is curled up. Yeah, could be.

It's always a trap. It's just sometimes they're too lazy to spring it.

Me: Aw, belly! Belly, belly, belly!

Cat: *Lies on back, legs in air, eyes big and liquid, purring loudly*

Me: *Slowly crouches, outstretches hand* Belly, belly, belly...

Cat: *Pupils get even bigger, purrs more loudly*

Me: *Outstretched hand makes contact with belly. So soft, so fluffy, so...*

Cat: *Attacks! Teeth and claws sink into hand and wrist, back legs come up for a disemboweling stroke at the back of the hand. Blood spurts against the walls."

Me: *Runs away sobbing*

You guys just need to meet our Cecil.  Of course, if you did come to our house, he'd be hiding under the bed because he's nervous around strangers.  But after a week or two, he'd come out and let you rub his belly.  Honest!

I had couple of cats and all of them were very cuddly.

Anyway, read somewhere, that if you live alone and happen to die, cats are more likely to eat your face while dogs tend to wait on your corpse. Haven't double checked the fact though. :p

Arcadia,

I call your squirrel.

Pretty sure it is not supposed to walk like this.

images-40.jpg

And since I have shitty noon by losing my bike key, had to get uber, stuck two and a half hours on the road, I have to go for the kill and ALL IN!

Comb20092017081100.jpg

Comb20092017081034.jpg

Comb20092017081001.jpg

Comb20092017080923.jpg

• Like 1

Comb20092017080854.jpg

Comb20092017080822.jpg

Comb20092017080801.jpg

Comb20092017080739.jpg

And..ehhh.. psst psst..

I strongly suspect one of our esteemed moderator don't give a sh*t too. :p

Look..! I have proof.

Screenshot_2017-09-19-22-49-45_1.jpg

• Like 2

Gawd, you've been on the hunt for pics. 

I always tell my mother one day I'll fall down the stairs and won't be found until after the cats have eaten my face. One of my cats has that creepy obsessive stalkerish kind of love, so she'd do it so that I would be part of her. The other two would just be hungry.