The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Lately I always come home exhausted from dealing with people that I'd lie next to my dog, cover my eyes with his ears and let him protect me from the world.

P_20170930_070113_1_1.jpg

Normally he would push me away to play but he seems much more tolerant lately. It takes much longer time before paws push face. XD

• Like 4

How do you cover your eyes with his ears? Are you lying directly on top or underneath him? Is that your dog in which case his ears don't seem long enough to cover eyes? *struggling to work out logistics*

• Like 1

Me too. VBS must be smaller than I thought.

75808dd3da91b03913794f692496ca2c.gif

Is that ... a dead mouse? :blink:

Dunno, I think it's bounces too high, I assumed a toy? I don't think a body would bounce that easily. 

How do you cover your eyes with his ears? Are you lying directly on top or underneath him? Is that your dog in which case his ears don't seem long enough to cover eyes? *struggling to work out logistics*

I'm lying and putting my head next to him. He put his chin on my forehead, it's pretty possible.

It's even easier with my other eye, the one located on the side of my head. Well, because if it's located next to the other eye, it would get in the way of my horn. Duh.

Sigh.. sometimes I think you guys don't know how I look like at all.

75808dd3da91b03913794f692496ca2c.gif

J..... J.P? 

giphy-downsized.gif

Corgi swarm!!! I want all!
  • Like 1

giphy-downsized.gif

Nice way to introduce yourself, AnimalStreet! Welcome to the forum; are you a Sherlock fan as well?

A rare Stewart lobster. 

tumblr_mvjmg5YVm51ruw1vso1_540.jpg

Goodness gracious!!!  Does anyone happen to know why/how that came about?  Since he's red, he must have been boiled already -- awfully lively looking, considering!

giphy-downsized.gif

Nice way to introduce yourself, AnimalStreet! Welcome to the forum; are you a Sherlock fan as well?

Why Thank you  :D And of course I am!  ;) To celebrate the occasion here are more corgis!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Remember our previous conversation about how big Maine Coons were and whether the person holding it was a woman or a young boy? Here are more big 'uns held by less ambiguous folk. 

1f7c7ff1b7c198f5952dbb8b56c1e6c3.jpg

The all black one practically looks like a black panther with long hair.

Some of those could be photoshop products, but yeah, they can get pretty darned big.  I used to live next door to some people who had several, and (at least in my recollection) they were damn near as big as cocker spaniels.

OK, I thought that top picture looked familiar.  Here's the same photo and a write-up from Snopes.com about it -- in short, it's a cut-and-paste job:

bigcat_small.jpg?resize=288,377

I haven't come across anything on the other photos yet, but I'm willing to believe that at least some of them are for real.  Here's a verifiably big kitty, also from Snopes (their take -- it's a big cat, with lots of fluffy fur, held in a way that accentuates its size):

bigcat02_small.jpg?resize=384,288

• Like 2

They must cost a fortune to feed. I had a Doberman for a while, who was as big as me when on her back legs and not even fully grown, I thought I was going to go bankrupt the amount she ate.

I've never seen people hold cats that way, looks like it would hurt.

Yeah, I'd be happier with a little 7-9 pounder, I think. Easier to breathe when they're perched on you. Hard to find now, though. I'd settle for a 12-pounder.

• Like 1

I've never seen people hold cats that way, looks like it would hurt.

Yeah, I'd be happier with a little 7-9 pounder, I think. Easier to breathe when they're perched on you. Hard to find now, though. I'd settle for a 12-pounder.

I think that's the way you hold a cat to make it look as big as possible -- for one thing, it's a bit closer to the camera than you are, so you've got forced perspective working for you, plus the cat is stretched out to look as long as possible.  But I agree, I doubt that the cats were particularly happy about it -- probably jumped out of the person's arms immediately after the photo was taken (quite possibly inflicting great bodily harm on the way).

Our five cats are all between 8 and 12 pounds, which is fine by me!

• Like 1

They look huggable,.although I hate thinking about cleaning the litter box. Do you guys train your cats to do business in the toilet? Mine did that effortlessly. We were happy to feed them ahy stinking fish they like since it's a flush away.

Work makes me look youthful nowadays.

images-20.jpg

• Like 2

I started training two of my cats to use the toilet, but one was a bit of a special needs cat and couldn't figure it out. Besides I only have one toilet in the house and it was too annoying to keep moving the tray thing you train them with.

My roommate claimed that our cat peed in our toilet once -- which startled her so much that she sorta screamed, which scared the cat, who never did it again.  That particular roomie was known for embroidering her truth, though, so I can't be sure.

Yah imgur is messing with me again.

Monday.

But work requires me to be a decent human being.

images-26.jpg

But I'm tired of everyone's shit.

images-25.jpg

• Like 3