The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

I used to do that to my cat when he was lying on his back. I only had 3 remotes, though. But somehow it's so irresistible.....

That orange/egg one reminds me of all those videos I've seen around of cats freaking out at the sight of various fruits and vegetables, lol.

66d08f4f32f84d3fa1fd5002447c60cc_th.gif

670b38292e6d52f75e945cffd5edc09e.gif

• Like 1

Oh yes, it's been all over the place for a few years, lol.  It's often cucumbers, but sometimes other produce.

When my sister had pet mice, one of them was mine. We named it lalapalooza after the Bridgeman's ice cream sundae. It would run on the wheel for hours. We weren't sure if it ever really slept.

• Like 1

I want the eggcat!

Border collie is smartest breed. But it's still amazing if the dog really connects floating wiener as something that is not supposed to be.

I think my dog (smartest as well!!! Really :p) would sit there and look at me deeply because that's what he does, he doesn't take food without permission, although when he gets impatient he would nudge and give half-bite playful reminder.

My hamsters play with wheel too, and mostly active at night. I put them in a big and high tupperware so I could build the wheel, maze and various playground for them to explore. Too bad they have short life span and always have health problem when they are older.

• Like 2

I had hamsters from about age 9 to 16. I especially enjoyed putting them in the hamster ball and letting them roll around the house. They loved the wheel too, which they would run all night long, but unfortunately for me it was horribly squeaky and their house was in my bedroom, so...

They were fun, but my last one decided to die on me 2 days after my beloved dog died, and I never got another one after that.

Last time I had a hamster I had her going around in her ball whilst the cats were in the room - they were terrified of it so no danger. Then I realised I hadn't heard the ball knock into anything for a while, looked around, and there is the hamster, having escaped the ball, sitting on the grate grooming herself. Luckily I spotted her before the cats did. 

I would have thought dogs that are used as sniffer dogs or guard dogs would have been the most intelligent?

Border collies are consistently rated the smartest dog, but since the criteria seems to be how trainable and obedient they are, I tend to take that with a grain of salt. Why isn't the most independent dog the smartest one? Or the cuddliest? Why is intelligence based on getting them to do what their humans want, rather than what the dogs themselves want? Seems biased to me ... :p

• Like 4