Caya

The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Oh geez, you want me to be practical? Good grief, Dabbler! :D 

• Tongue 1

I was led to believe that there is no such thing as a cat-proof barrier, given a reasonably determined cat, or is there? :huh:

WLYOREC.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Caya said:

I was led to believe that there is no such thing as a cat-proof barrier

"Cat-proof" is a relative term!

A friend's cat (the same one who got the sweaters out of his dresser drawer [link]) could open the door from his apartment into the hallway (because there happened to be a nice perch right next to the door, where she could sit and fiddle with the knob), and would then wait for a friendly neighbor to let her outside.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2021 at 5:00 PM, Caya said:

Jrmguod.jpg

That's not a crime, that's an improvement!

• Like 3

I like puzzle and so glad that I have dog instead of cat.

I am convinced that they don't care about human misery.

I mean, look at this:

places-where-cats-shouldnt-be-6063384626

and

places-where-cats-shouldnt-be-6063360e9b

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Off topic, @Caya, any difference in these posts? I could see some but couldn't see other.

Zombo-Droid-08042021131010.jpg

The one you can see is a Twitter embed, the others are Imgur. That's odd - can you see anything at Imgur directly, or is the page blocked for you?

VBS often has trouble viewing Imgur images, I'm not sure why.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

VBS often has trouble viewing Imgur images, I'm not sure why.

Yes, I quit trying to figure out why. Sometimes I see them fine, sometimes I don't. I asked because I thought they are from the same source. Recently it was fine, but not today.

In fact, I spent too much unnecessary time, forum kicked me out probably about twenty or more times. For long post I needed to log in couple of times, at least it still kept my draft... until the last post I did in 'A Question' thread. Couldn't recover after it kicked me out the third time and had to write from scratch, which was %@%#%$^. But nevermind, I quit trying to figure out why and always blame my nose. That keeps my blood pressure low. :cowdance:

P.S. This short post needs three log-ins and three captcha tests.

Andddddd... now I see everything fine! Including a bunch of little Carols etc.

I didn't move from couple of minutes ago when I failed to see them.

important-animal-images-funny-pics-109-6

The cat is me and the bowl or whatever is the cozyness of this forum's hatred of my nose.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

For long post I needed to log in couple of times, at least it still kept my draft... until the last post I did in 'A Question' thread. Couldn't recover after it kicked me out the third time and had to write from scratch, which was %@%#%$^

It's times like that when I tell myself I should have been copying my post-in-progress (Ctrl-C) every so often.

6 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

.S. This short post needs three log-ins and three captcha tests.

Did the captcha work properly, at least?

The other day I wanted to order some garden seeds from a very reputable company's website.  As soon as I put my first item in the cart, it added a packet of free mystery seeds.  I do not want free mystery seeds!  If it was something I wanted, I would have ordered it already.  And if it's something I don't want, it'll just go to waste, and I hate letting seeds die.  So I clicked that line's Delete button.  It went away, but then came right back.  I checked that line's Select box and then clicked the Delete Selected Items button.  Same result.  I changed that line's Quantity Ordered to zero.  It immediately went back to one.  I went to their Contact Us page and explained in detail why I'm not ordering from them this year.  I filled out the Captcha box very carefully and even checked it a few extra times.  When I hit the Submit button, it said Invalid Captcha -- and erased my entire message!  I reconstructed it in an email and added a comment about their Captcha procedure.  That went through, and I got a very nice response the very next day, saying their techs are already aware of the Captcha problem and are working on it, and she will submit my suggestion about not requiring people to accept free seeds.  We'll see what happens next year!

On 4/8/2021 at 1:16 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

I mean, look at this:

Oh, I don't know. If I were being arrested and forced to lie face down on cement with my hands tied behind my back, I think I'd find a nice soft warm kitty on my back very comforting.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:16 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

Geez, that cat must weigh a ton. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

It's times like that when I tell myself I should have been copying my post-in-progress (Ctrl-C) every so often.

I'm not my phone and sometime highlighting what to copy gets a bit tedious (it shouldn't, but that day the option seems to show only paste and others, and that would mess up, so I rely on the autosave and restorer, it works until that very post). It's weird I know.

Aha!! I have proof:

20210410-110643.jpg there is no copy option and nothing I could do about it, except being careful not to click paste and replace whatever I had written. I do have special relationship with digital world, don't I?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:
On 4/8/2021 at 6:42 PM, Van Buren Supernova said:

Did the captcha work properly, at least?

Surprisingly, it was. The most they asked me to spot palm trees three times. Considered that I had experienced clicking on zebra cross, traffic light mundane times, that it good for me.

@seed. That is very nice of you. I was the opposite, always have too much optimism on gardening I welcome free seeds. Went to garden exhibition and brought back a lot, didn't ask, but didn't refuse. Ended up with a lot of seeds that I haven't planted yet. But I know my ability now, I only buy hardy plants that could sustain my frequent neglects, and they are well so far.

And I'm surprised you managed to get reply. My complain, for example about Nat Geo persistent waste of paper, sending me subscription forms etc ten over years after I stopped, was never answered. When I am mad enough to write about something, it hardly go through, like when I wrote about a very questionable vet practice that could be dangerous, I couldn't even get it submitted. Oh well.

On topic!

errr, can we blame them? I mean, they actually 'get a room'

places-where-cats-shouldnt-be-60633b1f2c

Eta:

I actually have annoying kitty problem now, and in the past. I live in urban area, neighbor side by side, small apartment/house. And more than once neighbor's cats wrecked havoc in my place.

In apartment, we have a high ventilation (ventilation is needed) opening to the public corridor. Neighbor let their cat roamed free, and that bloody cat went in and too dumb to find way out. It ruined stuff, shit and scared us thinking there was a burglar. You would think that is traumatic for the cat not to come back.

Now, in house, which I experienced many times, they find my garden cozy and love to laze there. My garden is the messiest as most neighbors make theirs into hardened floor and keep minimum plant, while mine is semi grass and there are stretch of soil around that I plant many thing, including the one covering my front door. I don't mind them lounging there, in fact, I welcome them, but then they also shit, and cat shit smell is no joke (let's say they are not on kibble's diet only). I used vinegar to deter them, but it only last couple of days and it stink of holy vinegar. So I have to cover my pot with those spiky cat repellent. These are neighbor's cat who again, they let them roam as they please.

Another very unpleasant situation is I had to clean up my mom's incense pot, barely 10cm (4inch) diameter. She is Buddist and have pot for incense, and unknown cat decided to make it as toilet for its diarrhea while she was not here. I only notice because of the smell, it's nasty, not to mention how shitty it is considered the actual purpose of the pot.

I believe you guys at least have good distance, yard, from neighbor etc, otherwise have you considered what your cats do outside that could be inconvenient for others, especially urban area when I literally can't get away from other settlement?

16 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Oh, I don't know. If I were being arrested and forced to lie face down on cement with my hands tied behind my back, I think I'd find a nice soft warm kitty on my back very comforting.

At least check where your kitties are before you call plumber and IT for clogs and computer problem.

places-where-cats-shouldnt-be-60633d7956

places-where-cats-shouldnt-be-60642763b8

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 7:16 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

I mean, look at this:

and

I don't see anything, I'd say my phone is to blame, I mean I don't see anything even if I use the desktop version.