The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Actually when I was in primary school, one of my classmate (well there is a glitch in Matrix because I feel like I told this story before, or I am.getting old and repeating stufffffs??!), anyway he was punished by the teacher to sit in front of the class. He probably was very bored because at the end of the class when the teacher asked him to go back to his seat, he couldn't, he got his pinky finger stuck at the hole on the chair (there were small holes on the metal chair he was sitting on).

It was a big commotion and after various failed attempts, firemen was called, they had to saw apart the chair to free the pinky.

I have to say he made boring class very interesting. :P

Yes, I'm hijacking this thread but it's VBS's fault, because her story reminded me of this one: when I was in junior high, the school I went to was run more like a prison than a school. Most of the administration and many of the teachers were far more concerned about enforcing strict discipline than they were about educating us. At any rate, there was one kid in my class, the typical cut up ... bright as he could be, could think of something funny to say in almost every situation, and had to blurt it out the moment he thought of it. But always sweet humor, not dirty. We loved him.

We had this one teacher who was particularly priggish, and one day this kid came out with one of his funny comments. The teacher went berserk; shouted at all of us about how horrible we were, slammed his desk with his ruler, grabbed the kid by the arm and hauled him off to the principal's office for "disciplining" ... meaning, getting smacked on the bottom with a ruler, hard enough to hurt. This is thirteen-year-olds we're talking about .... :blink:

So the kid is gone, and the rest of us are sitting there shocked and extremely subdued, embarrassed for our classmate and furious over the unfairness of his punishment. A few minutes later the kid comes back, walking a little stiffly and tears streaking his face. We avoid looking at him. He reaches his seat, then turns and says in a loud, dramatic stage whisper, "Three licks."

The whole class falls apart, screaming with laughter, and we start clapping and cheering for this kid. The teacher can't get us under control, so he grabs the kid again and drags him back to the principal's office, and we don't see him again that day.

But when we come back to school the next morning, we find out that the teacher has been told not to come back any more either. Ever. Ah, satisfaction. :wub:

Meanwhile, cats like to mimic otters too:

bMIfVIS.png

• Like 3

I like the story, your friend sounds fun, he has potential to be someone great with that confidence.

Yah, one of the reason I wanted to grow up fast are those teachers who think they are always right when they are not,

who abuses their authorities just because they are entitled to (they think).

Those smacking and physical punishments were common back then I believe. We had a very abusive teacher who punished students who failed to get 60% or more scores on tests. She was very creative with her punishment, some that I recalled: pinching student's belly really really hard, I'm talking blue-black, slap on the face, yes, she did that, grab student by the hair and knocked their heads against the black board, and no kidding, slapping student's face with her shoes.

There is something wrong with her I believe, anyway, she was well known among students and parents, but back then, it was discipline, it was hardly considered abuse. Some parents actually applauded her method and kids were afraid of getting bad grades. Most parents just went with it. 

Anyway, most of the time I believe if dogs are granted one question to communicate with their human, they probably choose "For dog?"

2rnvwba.jpg

• Like 4

Okay, I sooooo need to know what is on that toothbrush! Just in case, y'know, I need to subdue a cat.

I read somewhere that when you cuddle a dog, it triggers a similar biochemical reaction as breastfeeding or sleeping with someone. In you and the dog.

(And when I say "sleeping with someone", I am being delicate, because the forum filter wouldn't let me be indelicate :-p)

• Like 2

They make fish-flavored toothpaste (or maybe it's liver-flavored) specially for cats. Honest!

And is that the typical reaction? Stunned amazement? :D

I have no idea, having never bought any. I can imagine they might like the smell and the flavor -- though I can't imagine they'd be keen on the actual brushing.

I keep reading that you're supposed to brush their teeth, though. It sounds silly to me, but I did have one kitty who developed a bad plaque problem and needed some very expensive intervention from the vet. (There is a downside to kitties living longer ... more and higher vet bills! But they're worth it, yeah?) At any rate, if/when I get my next cat, I'm seriously considering adopting the habit, foolish though we both may look during the process. :blink:

Seriously, what are you people doing to these poor animals to make them so fractious? Our kitties have always been absolute ... er ... pussycats. :p Well, except for Chula, who was slightly abused before I got him, but even he mellowed a bit after a while. Never a lap sitter, but accepted handling once he learned who the food came from! :smile:

Oh, don't mistake me, my kitties have been entertaining. Just not a danger to the house. :P

I don't actually recall Dylan attacking out Xmas tree...but maybe we had it in our front room, where she was not allowed...I honestly don't remember.

Ah well I didn't know she was a little girl, when I first chose her.

She was the prettiest of the litter belonging to my then boyfriend's cat.

I named her Dylan after Bob and she had got used to her name, before we found out she was female.

Ah. Well, it could be a girl's name too, I suppose. :smile:

My Hugo was found wandering after Hurricane Hugo, and they didn't bother to check her gender, so "Hugo" it was. But after we got her we mostly called her Peaches, or Sweetheart, or Sugar, etc. We're not usually that sappy, but she was the sweetest ball of fluff that ever graced this earth.

• Like 1