SHERLOCKED: Official "Sherlock" Convention

Carol the Dabbler

So far, Sherlockology has posted this ...

tumblr_n0ewy2QBRA1qkgkowo1_500.jpg

... and this ...

tumblr_n0gq6q62IU1qkgkowo1_500.jpg

I assume it's a cypher, but so far I have no idea what the answer might turn out to be.  Undoubtedly there's more to come!

P.S.:  If I begin to suspect that there's a Series 3 spoiler involved, I'll move this thread.  So if it's not here in The News Stand, try the Series 3 area.

And also today:

Ready to be #Sherlocked? Have you solved the clues? Stay tuned for a BIG announcement later this evening!

Since they're calling this a convention (singular) rather than two conventions, I suspect that it'll be held in both locations concurrently -- with the downside being that it's not really possible to attend both, but the upside possibly being that attendees at each location will be able to watch big-screen transmissions of the speakers / events at the other location.  Just a guess, though.

Looking forward to the site and date announcements!

Oh, OK.  This is the first I remember hearing of them, but then I've been out of the convention loop for a while.  Odd they would call it a convention, then.

I suspect the vid route may be followed and the dates will be close, if not exactly at the same time, to enable guests from both sides of the pond to participate in the event.

Showmasters/Massive Events used to run the 3 day Torchwood 'Hub' conventions, which I loved, but mostly focus on signing events now such as Collectormania and Comic cons.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone heard anything further about this announced event?  I signed up for their email list in February, but have heard nothing more, and I don't offhand see anything new on their website.  It's been over three months -- starting to wonder whether they'll actually get it together for this year.

No, haven't heard anything yet; though I'm also frequently searching the web for news. I also signed up on the e-mail list months ago.

• 3 months later...

"In addition, it is intended to take place in Europe and in the USA"

I take this "in addition" to mean there will be at least three gigs - a main one in London, with two more in continental Europe and US.

Apparently.  Or nowhere, as it would now appear.  Oh well, maybe -- like the Series 4 filming -- it'll be next year.

I have no idea.  Just that there's apparently been no news since that first announcement.

OK, we've been interested since February and wondering since May -- I'll email Sherlockology and see if they've heard anything.

The complete announcement from the convention organizers can be found on Sherlockology's website.

• Like 1