Is there maintenance being done?

Ruthyone

Hi     :wave:

My 'Spoiler' icon has vanished and I can't send any 'Notifications' as I have used them up for today apparently!

Can you shed some light on this?

Thank you.

:sherlock2::watson::picard::llap::jedi::flame::shoot:

Hmm, you're right, the Spoiler icon is gone.  Tim was saying we might stop requiring spoiler boxes sometime soon, so maybe he decided today was the day.

Of course, spoiler boxes can be used for other purposes, and they are still available.  If you click on the little box with the line through it, third from the left in the top row of the editor toolbar, you'll get a drop-down that includes Spoiler as one option.  So you can still use that, or you can just type the BBCode in yourself, like this except with [square brackets] instead of {curly ones}:

{spoiler}whatever you want to hide{/spoiler}

I'm not sure what you mean by sending Notifications.  As far as I'm aware, we only receive Notifications.  If you want to contact someone without posting to the forum, you can send a Private Message, which is the little envelope icon next to the Notifications icon.

We performed a software update on the forum earlier today, and as a result, a small number of customisations may have been lost.

The spoiler button should now be back. :D

I've been trying to download images all morning and I keep getting a notice that the file is to big to upload. Me? Or is something else going on?

If anyone else is having trouble uploading images please let me know.

I guess the problem is that I have posted to many pictures. I have only 1.08KB left on my "More Reply Options".

There is a global upload limit for each user group. I have upped the Moderator limit to 1MB.

• Like 1

Thanks guys - my 'Spoiler' has returned and is looking good!!! :lol:

The button I was referring to was the 'Like' icon and it only seems to let you 'like' something so many times! It seems to be letting me 'like' again anyway. ;)

Yes, I recall somebody else hitting the "Like" limit a while back.

Tim -- if you're still here, do you happen to know what the "Like" limit is, and how it works?

I have upped the Like limit from the rather measly 10 per day to a more respectable 50. Mods get double this quota. ;)

• Like 2

I have upped the Like limit from the rather measly 10 per day to a more respectable 50. Mods get double this quota. ;)

I still am only being given a '10 like limit' ........is there a problem?

Thank you.