Stories Behind Your User Names & Avatar Pictures.

Thanks!  That's an adorable song.  Is is fairly accurate to say that your name is pronounced like "Marie" with a "kuh" on the end?  That's how it sounds to me in the song (though of course there's lots of music, so it's hard to be sure).  I should probably mention that in the US, the first syllable of Marie is pronounced with a vowel somewhere between "ah" and a schwa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Come visit Malaysia, beautiful and safe country, multiple races and religions and have so many culture

TRULY ASIA

I am obsessed with Greek mythology so there is the Aphrodite 32101 I am also obsessed with sherlock and I play the violin too so that's why my profile pic is him playing the violin because I feel like playing the violin is where he is in his happy place....I definitely know it's that way for me...when u play the violin u really have to focus in on reading the music the fingerlings and the bowings and I guess if you count techniques like vibrato tremolo or trilling and dynamics so I feel like playing the violin really takes u away from reality a little and u get to live in ur own world where anything can happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks!  That's an adorable song.  Is is fairly accurate to say that your name is pronounced like "Marie" with a "kuh" on the end?  

Yup, that's about it! :)

• Like 1

Actually there are no stories. Or there were...

JP is my initials. My avatar I used for my actor/movie Fan-Alter-Ego for 10 years.

The owl is actually a mug I brought from a USA based forum meet-up. I usually don't buy souvenirs, but this one was love at the first glance. And since I read Benjamin Hoff's "Tao of Pooh" I do see myself a bit as the Owl from Milne's stories. Someone who pretends to be very vise and almost believing it? That's moi. :D

Than (was it you VBS?) posted that funny pic of young owlets and I followed with the owl from Penguins from Madagascar... The avatar started to take over my forum personality. Then some time recently I invented a connection to Sherlock - I could be the owl Mrs. Hudson has "tortured" in TSOT. (In that reality I'm an old owl-like lady secretly dwelling in 221C with my workshop, and we were both just laughing about the telegrams together.)

And today I read this:

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/news-celebrities/benedict-cumberbatch-penguins-facts-you-never-knew-random-things-funny-s1216940.html

28. He has a collection of stuffed owls
According to the biography Being Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict has a collection of stuffed owls in his room, probably as his mum has a bit of an obsession with them as well.

I think I should start designing my very own designer strait-jacket. With an owl on it... :blink:

• Like 1

I play the violin too so that's why my profile pic is him playing the violin because I feel like playing the violin is where he is in his happy place...

How nice..like violin, guitar and bass sounds but I have zero musical talent. The best rhythmic sound I make is from pots and pans and stuffs falling down when I'm busy. Maybe I can try drum, it looks fun and therapeutic. 

J.P,

Yep-P.

And maybe you would like this one, expression for Monday.

jp7w5f.jpg

I think I should start designing my very own designer strait-jacket. With an owl on it...  :blink:

Why not?
Insanity has personality. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello :sofa: ,

my user name's Bluebell like the rabbit missing in 'The Hounds of Baskerville', I thought it's a good Sherlock reference for me. Mainly because I love rabbits  :wub:  - the avatar refers to it as those two are my pet rabbits. The grey one is also a former lab rabbit, I adopted him around christmas 2013.

His name is not Bluebell though, it's Gandalf - well, because he's grey, and I love LotR/Hobbit... :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I haven´t decided for an avatar yet... it´s always so hard to decide. But maybe I´ll find something that fits my expectations ;)

Mary Jane (Kelly) was the fifth and last victim of Jack the Ripper. I am really into crime stories and have always been. Jack the Ripper has always fascinated me. So why not chose his last victim ;)

Hi, MaryJane -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

For your avatar, you might consider the cover illustration from the novel The Seduction of Mary KellyThis image of the cover could easily be cropped to a square small enough for an avatar, showing just the face (and I believe that the forum software can do the cropping for you).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My user names comes from my real name which is Hanna and it is just a shorter version of it. :P My boyfriend sometimes calls me just Hann.

156 comes from a Danish band Mew's song with the same name. It just somehow fitted to my user name, plain hann feels a little dull.

My avatar is (SURPRISE!!) Sherlock from the series. It's a fanart which I made myself and it just felt right to put as an avatar. I prefer my self-made pictures to just copied images from the web.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My username is kind of a play on the often misquoted "elementary, my dear Watson," but I also picked it cause Watson is my favorite Holmes character in general.

My avatar, on the other hand, is not Holmes-related (I hope that's okay) but rather a picture of my non-Holmes love - the one and only Alan Cumming.

Certainly fine by me.

You'll see from my other post that Alan lived just down the road from here!

• Like 1

My avatar, on the other hand, is not Holmes-related (I hope that's okay)

Well, of course not! Not Holmes-related avatar? Moderators, you guys have to lock him/her up!

Eh.. wait a minute...

*looking at the four regularly active moderator's avatars...*

Alrite, alrite, (grumbling grumbling)

Welcome, welcome :p

You should tell us why you like Alan Cumming so much (I am not familiar with him actually)

• Like 2

Actually, VBS, T.o.b.y's avatar is Holmes-related, though not quite yet Sherlock-related. That's her take on Toby, the dog from Sign of the Four (who is apparently about to appear in Series 4).

But hey, three outa four ain't bad!

Very funny.

As to Alan...I'm not really sure why I like him so much, but I do know that it took me fifteen years to realize it. Seriously.

I've seen very little of his work, but I've seen him interviewed a few times and I do like him.

• Like 1

I've seen very little of his work, but I've seen him interviewed a few times and I do like him.

As you should. If you want recs let me know; I've seen quite a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
My User Name is not very original. Catherine is an English version of my Polish name - Katarzyna.

My Avatar is a favorite character of Sherlock. I would like to have such a friend :) In addition, I am mentally Watson;)

Not very long story, but I wanted to make something from myself ;)
  • Like 2

Oh, I think there are many Watson fans here, it's just that Sherlock is so much more ... um ... flashy. :d There's a lot of Mycroft fans, too.

Flashy is a good word -- that or flamboyant. And Sherlock is a great character in that genre.

But I tend to go for the subtly intense ones, myself -- John Watson, Mr. Spock, ....