Mark Shepherd in Sherlock: what do you think?

aely

Many of you will have heard of Mark Shepherd as he's been in oodles of genre shows - he's Crowley in Supernatural, Badger in Firefly, Canton Everett Delaware III in Doctor Who - and he would *love* to be in Sherlock. He first mentioned this at the Supernatural convention in May (Asylum 8) and he brought it up again at the recent Doctor Who convention 11th Hour.

He would like to be Moran or some other lieutenant of Moriarty's, going by what he's previously said, but from the sounds of it this weekend, he really wouldn't be bothered *who* he was playing. He's known for playing 'morally ambiguous' characters even if he isn't exactly that physically imposing - but then Martin Freeman isn't exactly what most people would call physically imposing either and he is completely believable as John Watson, Captain and doctor.

So, do you think Mark would make a decent Moran?

Do you think he'd be better as another sort of character?

Does the thought of him turning up in Sherlock make you shudder?

BTW, Mark thinks Benedict would be brilliant as The Master...

Oh, I'd love to see Mark Sheppard in Sherlock. Not sure who I'd like him to play, but it'd be good to see him in it! :D

They could have Mark and his father playing the same character at different points in time... *oh wait* :D

• Like 1

They could have Mark and his father playing the same character at different points in time... *oh wait* :D

I'm sure that has been done before. But I might be wrong... I have this feeling I have forgotten something :D

I'm sure that has been done before. But I might be wrong... I have this feeling I have forgotten something :D

Silence!

• Like 1

I'm going to be the unpopular one here and say No to the first two unless he's a victim and yes to the final one.

i have to look twice every time someone says he's in something, i've only ever noticed him once by my own eyes and that was because two of his shows were on the same day.

and ftr Aely this is not my general dislike of him from his rude and icey reactions at A8 this is me thinking as a fan

he seems too flat for Moran, even when he's supposed to be being energetic,

If Moran gets cast I think we need someone more... i dunno,

in my mind someone like James Frain would be perfect

Personally, I don't think he seems right for Moran - and I haven't even read the books!

• 2 years later...

I'd absolutely love Mark in Sherlock. Complete the SuperWhoLock! (Although Mark Gatiss is only one away from SuperWhoLock as well :)) but yes I'd love to see him and see who he'd play (perhaps the villain

post-1924-0-68238700-1431492288_thumb.jpg

I had no idea who this was, so I looked him up.  That's freaking Cecil L'Ively from X-Files!!

tumblr_inline_n8zrgyX3zR1rfeyjs.gif

I'd be more than OK with him.

• Like 1

I had no idea who this was, so I looked him up. That's freaking Cecil L'Ively from X-Files!!

tumblr_inline_n8zrgyX3zR1rfeyjs.gif

I'd be more than OK with him.

He's also Crowley from Supernatural, Benedict Valda in Warehouse 13, Jim Sterling in Leverage, Agent Canton Delaware the 3rd from Doctor Who, Ring Director in Chuck, Tom Prescott in Burn Notice, Romo Lampkin in Battlestar Galactic, Ivan Erwich in 24, Chris Downey in Monk, Badger in Firefly, Arnon in Charmed, Leucon in Star Trek: Voyager, (these are some of his more known appearances)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

BADGER!!!!! I LOVE Mark Sheppard! I would love to see him in Sherlock. And, in a way, it would give everyone the SuperWhoLock crossover that has been in high demand. I would be the perfeect solution!

Shepherd definitely grew on me during the run of Leverage.  At first I didn't care for his character -- of course, I wasn't really supposed to LIKE him, because he was the Leverage team's continuing antagonist, but I also found him a bit annoying.  As the series went on, though, I started to see Sterling in a different light.  I would say that Shepherd has the ability to portray a complex character very -- uhh, complexly.  Would love to see him in something else.