Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

Shouldn't that be 'flibbertygibbet' ? And we are definitely vegetating until the release of Thor Ragnarok and The Current Wars, at least!

I believe that is the correct spelling, yes. That, or flibbertigibbet. I suspect most Americans know it from "The Sound of Music" ...

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?

How do you find the word that means Maria?

A flibbertigibbet?

A will-o'-the-wisp?

A clown?

:D

Shouldn't that be 'flibbertygibbet' ? And we are definitely vegetating until the release of Thor Ragnarok and The Current Wars, at least!

Will he play in Thor?

I believe it's been confirmed that he will make an appearance in Thor Ragnarok, yes.

• Like 2

Holly Molly! The man actually spelled it out for the likes of us! Flibbertygibbet it is!

When the site loaded in German, Benedict was a trending and that pic looks more like him in wax versus the one on the banner I saw on the main page.

• 4 weeks later...

Ben has been nominated for an Emmy for best actor in "The Lying Detective", which was nominated also. Hope this isn't a duplicate, didn't see anywhere.

• Like 3

Of course I hope he wins but right now I'm just glad to see him nominated. If he had been overlooked there is obviously something wrong with the system since Benedict was absolutely amazing in that episode.

• Like 4

I was also pleased to see that the episode itself is nominated ... but not the cinematography or the director! How can that be? Grrr.

Is there a complete list of nominations somewhere on the internet -- including the "other" categories like music and costumes? If so, I haven't yet found it.

If you google 2017 emmy's it does come up. They had lead actor, outstanding tv movie, sound engineering, & sound editing. Personally I would have included Sian Brooke as a supporting actress for all the work she did over the 3 episodes as well as something for hair and makeup as that crew did a good job disguising her for 4 different roles.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I think his answer about his favourite colour being blue at the convention has much more truth in it.

• Like 3

I was a bit surprised by the unanimously negative comments -- though I'm not in favor of the idea either, for purely selfish reasons.

I don't care to watch any movie or show that doesn't have at least one relatable character.  They don't have to be nice, exactly, but I do need to be able to, well, relate to them.  Bond is not only not nice, he strikes me as the antithesis of a relatable character (and I suppose that's intentional).  Plus the few Bond movies that I did see (back in the Connery era) didn't have *any* relatable characters to speak of.  So regardless of who's the next Bond, I won't be watching.  (With the possible exception of Martin Freeman -- I bet he could make even Bond a bit relatable, and I'd be interested in seeing that done, at least once.)

• Like 2

Agreed, I'd hate to see BC waste his talents on that over-the-hill franchise. Although ... he might bring a relatability to the role of the kind Carol mentions. Hmmmm..... suddenly I'm intrigued. :smile:

• Like 1

Some said he would make a good M or even the main villain of the show. Personally I would laugh my head off at the idea of BC as the spymaster because it always would remind me to Mycroft in SHERLOCK. Sherlock in (more or less) Myc's shoes. :lol:

• Like 1

Benedict would definitely make a good Bond or villain. Wouldn't want him as M just yet even though he would be good at that as well.

Also I had this thought on a Bond bit. For an opening (and keeping the new Bond actor completely under wraps until the Movie debuts, not likely to happen I realize) they show Benedict's character with a lady (similar to some of the Bond sequences when he's with a lady) making us think that Benedict is Bond only to find out moments later that he isn't without actually finding out who his character is until some time after the opening theme.

• Like 3

And then he's actually Khan?

Didn't think of Khan when I wrote that but sleep wasn't far off when I wrote my response. Maybe we can make him one of the henchmen like Odd Job (obviously not that character directly but that position in relation to the villain).

• Like 1

Agreed, I'd hate to see BC waste his talents on that over-the-hill franchise. Although ... he might bring a relatability to the role of the kind Carol mentions. Hmmmm..... suddenly I'm intrigued. :smile:

I remember not long ago I thought someone mentioned that Bond nowadays have more heart. Well, I haven't watched a lot of Bonds or the latest ones, but I remember thinking 'that is quite possible', anyway they show him with less ladies after Aids awareness back then (I don't have prove or source, just crappy memory) so they didn't mind some tweaking to the character. In fact, I think Bond can actually be developed into more complex character if they want to, however, it wouldn't be Bond. Most people watch it not for the character, so yah, it wouldn't work, that's what I'm saying. But if there is anyone capable to give more heart and complexity to the character, BC is one of them.

And then he's actually Khan?

Ohhh, let it be franchise of Khan then. :wub:

• Like 4