Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

On 11/4/2018 at 8:30 PM, Arcadia said:

Here's the video of that too, if you want. :smile: 

The FallBatch mutual man-crush is always fun to see.  These two big goofs genuinely like each other.   Both really enjoy talking (a lot) and laughing (a lot), which means that they both chose professions well-suited to their wiring.

I'm at work now and am watching this with the sound turned off.  It's even funnier that way.  Just watching their lips move showcases how very rapid-talker (with gestures) both are.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A couple more "Brexit" articles: (dang, I really want to see this movie!)

This one's more about the scriptwriter than BC, but interesting: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/arts/television/brexit-the-uncivil-war-benedict-cumberbatch.html (sorry, not sure just anyone will be able to reach this page.)

The wife of Dominic Cummings has nice things to say about BC: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/benedict-cumberbatch-on-playing-my-husband-dominic-cummings/

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted leaving the BAFTA awards after-party on Sunday evening (Well, really Monday morning at 5AM . . .Sherlock Holmes!  Who was obviously on the scene to safeguard the Crown jewels being worn by the Duchess of Cambridge.  Prince William is the patron of the BAFTAs, and we know how Sherly gravitated to those lucrative royal assignments.  A couple of those per year and he can consult for free for the Metropolitan Police with no fiscal concerns intruding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6690697/Benedict-Cumberbatch-leaves-BAFTA-party-5am.html

Well, that's Daily Mail for you.  I have the impression that only the photographers actually go out in the field, and then the "reporters" kinda make up stuff to go with the pictures.

I know...can't remember this article and can't be bothered to check, but others have had howling spelling errors etc.

Spelling errors, or at least uses of wrong homonyms (e.g., confusion of to, too, and two), are becoming all too common in even the best of publications.  I once saw the phrase "give them free reign" (rather than "rein") in Harvard Magazine, of all places!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, besleybean said:

Hardly trying to hide, he allowed a fan to take a pic with him.

I was under the impression that that man was with him at the event . . security detail or something.  Hardly seems likely that BC would allow a random fan to stand so close to him while he was texting on his phone.

This ensemble cannot have been chosen without reference to Sherly's usual attire, could it?  The scarf looks identical and the coat, while not The Coat, is very like it.  I can't believe that wasn't on purpose.  After the disastrous Brexit scalping, BC wants to remind us of happier, better days circa 2012. when he was playing Sherlock to international acclaim and Britain was still part of the EU.

If you're a fan of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman as I am, you've been eagerly awaiting the release of the Good Omens adaptation. It's now known that Benedict Cumberbatch will play Satan. Roll on 31 May!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/14/benedict-cumberbatch-to-play-satan-in-neil-gaiman-fantasy-series-good-omens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, Sheerluck said:

If you're a fan of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman as I am, you've been eagerly awaiting the release of the Good Omens adaptation. It's now known that Benedict Cumberbatch will play Satan. Roll on 31 May!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/14/benedict-cumberbatch-to-play-satan-in-neil-gaiman-fantasy-series-good-omens

Awww, an animated Satan though.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Wow, that was quite a set up.

I do get a kick out of Corden's little mini movies.

Too late for me , when it aired....

And I am such a noob with Catch up...

Faced with 20,000 episodes- I couldn't find that one!

• 1 month later...

I don't even remember hearing about this one, but here's a glimpse of BC in "1917".