Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

Yep, just waiting for the first one to start: Benedict as The Creature.

Benedict as Dr Frankenstein tomorrow at 7 PM.

7 hours ago, besleybean said:

Benedict as Dr Frankenstein tomorrow at 7 PM.

That's the one I haven't seen yet.  I know what I'll be doing later!

Looking forward to this. I've seen him as the creature. My niece and I saw it in the theater a few years back.

• 3 weeks later...

Wahhhhhh, I missed it! Serves me right for being absent so long.....

Actually, I dimly remember hearing about it and then of course forgot ... pooh. I saw him as Frankenstein but really wanted to see his take on the creature as I thought it was the more interesting role.

I imagine all those other projects mentioned above have either been temporarily or permanently aborted. Poor Ben, he seems to have had bad luck in that regard. (I'm thinking of the Edison movie; delayed, then bombed anyway.)  I hear a lot of stuff is going straight to pay-per-view, which helps me not at all........

42 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I hear a lot of stuff is going straight to pay-per-view, which helps me not at all........

Hopefully they'll also put those things on DVD / Blu-ray -- eventually.

The National Theatre has had to close until the end of August. Notification went up yesterday, as I am a subscriber. From now on every Thursday past performances on National Theatre Live on its iPlayer, and I should hope they would re-do Frankenstein and Hamlet with BC!

In the meantime, he and Meryl Streep played the two wicked aunts of Part two in Taika Waitiki’s  reading of James and the Giant Peach on YOuTube for a fundraiser! 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this but er....

this happened a while ago!

I have been enjoying the NTLive performances on Youtube for the last 6 weeks!

Oh sorry I switched straight off after 'Streetcar named desire' last night and hadn't seen an announcement before...

So I am not sure if you mean something different is happening?!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just happened across this article about one of Benedict Cumberbatch's forthcoming movies, The Electric Life of Louis Wain, in which he plays the late 19th/early 20th-century English artist famous for his whimsical cat paintings.  The film is currently in post-production.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm very much looking forward to Louis Wain, even more than Power of the Dog (which I expect to be awesome with the combined star and director, um, "power").

I was a mild fan of Louis Wains cats in my younger years, so having my favorite actor take on his persona should be aces.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see them both...

dunno even know how to get to see them, at the mo.

Depending on where you live both are getting a cinema and/or streaming release.  

Louis Wain drops in cinemas in the next week, but also in November on Amazon stream. Power of the Dog is on Netflix in the US on 5December, I think. It was never released in theaters where I live, but it just did the festival circuit (TTIFF, NYFF, etc.), so might get a wider release soon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A friend sent me this. I've only heard of about half these movies! What kind of fan am I? :smile: 

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/being-benedict-cumberbatch/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen most of them.

I'm wondering if most of them are British films, released only/mostly in the UK?  (Not that I'm paying much attention to what's being released over here these days.)

I'd like to go see either Sing 2 or Spiderman this weekend, but fear I will be snowed in instead. We'll see.

Oh, wait, non sequiter ... Ben's not in Sing 2. I'd like to go see it anyway. :P 

5 hours ago, Arcadia said:

fear I will be snowed in

Checked my forecast (because you sometimes get your weather after it's passed through here), but fortunately looks like the weather here is being thoughtful enough to precipitate mostly just while it's above freezing.  *whew*

Maybe yours will be nice and follow suit?

Upcoming for Benedict: I am really looking forward to The 39 Steps. I think that's going to be on Netflix, if I remember correctly. Loved the Hitch film, which I probably need to rewatch first...

I've seen the ones in the link above, except for the MCU stuff. Not big on superhero films... Power of the Dog and The Courier were my favorites of those.

...and BC will also be in a prominent role in the next Wes Anderson flick. Busy busy busy...

• Thanks 1