Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

Altho the lack of bad press I think was more due to the way our culture was then than anything else.

I think my all-time favorite was and still is Jimmy Stewart. Not traditionally "handsome" either, come to think of it, but he made ME swoon! Especially his more humorous roles. Wow, I think I'm discovering I have a "type".....

Hollywood had their rumor mongers and gossip columnists as well. Hedda Hopper was a famous one.

I loved Jimmy Stewart. That voice....just amazing. And yes, he was a good actor.....he had panache too....and he could be so funny.

For me, the old time movie star....like Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Grace Kelly...and I think Benedict Cumberbatch has it too....is panache.  They had style....grace....a presence on screen and off. They never seemed fake.  You hardly ever heard any bad press about them. No tabloid news like so many stars today.

Back in the "olden-days"   -_-  the tabloids could be bought off by the studios,  they were the first one the stars called then the police.   I cannot imagine what it would be like to live with the paparazzi following you about, recording your every mood and reporting your every mis-step.  

But I certainly get want you mean about Benedict,  it has an easy style and charisma, but he also has talent galore.  I would say he could be this generation's Olivier.

He'd make a terrific Lawrence, imo. He's already perfected the necessary swirl. :smile:

• Like 1

WHAT?!????!?!!! Oh, that is just so wrong on so many levels.... :D

• Like 1

LOL !   Too funny !  But did you see the part at the bottom of the article which said that Louise Brealey is going to be on Ripper Street ?  It's an excellent show ... she's going to play a doctor so she could be some long lost ancestor of Molly's !

Debbie

• Like 1

she's going to play a doctor so she could be some long lost ancestor of Molly's !

Ooooo...nice concept! Thank you for that, Debbie.   Some day going to have to break down an buy some of the Ripper Street DVDs. For what ever reason Masterpiece Mystery hasn't carried this yet.

I saw Series 1 of Ripper Street on Netflix and then the Space Network (!) here in Canada ran Series 2 ... don't know why they would be showing it but whatever it takes ... It's a really good show ... very realistic and the sets are so authentic and the characters are pretty gritty :lol: .  The lead character (played by another delicious Brit, Matthew MacFadyen) has some very profound dialogue ... he said something about religion once that will forever be imprinted on my memory ... I won't go into it here B) .  In any event, I highly recommend the show if you want to get the DVDs.

Debbie

• Like 2

But back to topic......not sure I would get bedding with Sherlock.....wow.....no matter how you want to word it it comes off sounding a little....titillating?

• Like 4

Depends on what angle they take with the pattern, I think.  They're Sherlock (the program) sheets, rather than Sherlock (the character) sheets, after all -- so they could go anywhere from cute to action-adventure.

This is presumably just the first wave of a huge influx of merchandise that Sherlockology announced a few weeks ago.  So fasten your (Sherlock) seat belts!

No designs out yet?  I wonder how they will do it?  Black Cabs, Deerstalker hat?  Baker Street sign?  and perhaps faded into the background?

sherlock.jpg

• Like 1

Love that picture.  I love that he is pointing his finger rather than the more stereotypical gun lol.  And John looks pretty cool there too.

• Like 1

Very cute.

Edited by Caya
I've taken the liberty of moving this post, since the commercial was already mentioned in this thread.

Could someone please explain this to me because he is an only child but towards the end of this talks about a sister and a niece, Emily.

• Like 1

Hey, I think I can actually explain that!

As I recall, his mother has been married twice -- and BC has a half-sister from the first marriage.

• Like 1

Hey, I think I can actually explain that!

As I recall, his mother has been married twice -- and BC has a half-sister from the first marriage.

Stupid me, just needed to dig a little deeper on the IMDB and I would have discovered her name is Tracy.

tumblr_n8jhvkqR9z1rl3s86o1_500.jpg

(source)

Your guess is as good as mine. Villain in the new Avengers movie, maybe?

eta: I should add that this seems to be about Comic-Con. Benedict Cumberbatch has been stated to appear there on a panel for the new Penguins of Madagascar movie (where he lends his voice to Classified), hence the allusion to DreamWorks.