Benedict Cumberbatch News

Ruthyone

Haven't there been rumors circulating that BC was being considered to play Dr. Strange?

You're right - I just missed them. Well, interesting choice for sure. Does that stop him from being cast as Apocalypse in the next X-Men movie? (hey, a girl can dream) ;)

BAFTA just released this video with has Benedict amongst other talking about acting (the others are James McAvoy, Colin Farrell, Jim Broadbent and Hugh Dancy)

http://guru.bafta.org/focus-acting

• Like 2

BAFTA just released this video with has Benedict amongst other talking about acting (the others are James McAvoy, Colin Farrell, Jim Broadbent and Hugh Dancy)

http://guru.bafta.org/focus-acting

Thanks, I liked that. I love to hear artists talk about their craft, instead of the usual fluff they get asked about in media interviews.

• Like 2

Put this bikey pic together of the boys.  The pic of Ben is from his 2012 "Palace to Palace" 45-mile charity ride for the Prince's Trust.  Yes, he completed it.  Look at those quads!  He's riding a Specialized bike and wearing something like a Camelbak hydration pack. One water bottle on his bike.

Hope to do this ride myself in 2015, although i might opt for the 90-miler.

Do you happen to know where the photo of Martin Freeman is from?  It looks familiar, and I'm thinking it was taken on location for something he was in -- but not Sherlock.  And I think the bicycle was for his character (though that's not a screencap, judging by the apparent security guy in the background).  It drives me buggy when I can't place something that looks this familiar!

Should be from Sherlock filming - I think that house where the guard is standing is the Watsons'.

• Like 1

He does ride a bicycle.  They may have shot some scenes with him on a bike that ended up on the cutting room floor.  Of course, Freeman doesn't actually drive anyhow, so a bike is a good thing.  

Small pic of Ben with his 2012 Palace to Palace completion medal after 45 miles.  Everyone who completed the miles got the medal.  Have to think he's as proud of this as anything else.

• Like 2

Ben is starring in Richard III set to film later this year.

Benedict Cumberbatch is set to star as Richard III in a new film version from Neal Street Productions for the BBC. The film will be part of The Hollow Crown series of films which aired so memorably last year. Sophie Okonedo will be appearing alongside Benedict although her role is currently unclear (they previously appeared together in the BBC adaptation of Neverwhere) Judi Dench is also rumoured to be appearing.

Production is due to start in late 2014 for a probable 2016 airing.

• Like 1

Just read here that Benedict will be making a total of 5 ads for Dunlop.

That and that he will be appearing at the San Diego Comic Con,  he likes a good Comic-COn.  

I have to say that I couldn't believe it when my partner phoned me to tell me that he was coming to our little Comic Con earlier this year in Australia,  and that he did photos, autographs, Q&A's  and the incredibly lucky people that got to go out to dinner with him as well (I wasn't one of those lucky people, because he apparently sat at every table and chatted with them all).  His parents brought him up well with very good manners.

http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/2014/07/11/benedict-cumberbatch-to-appear-at-san-diego-comic-con/

I assume most of you have watched the first Dunlop-ad video by now.  Please tell us bandwidth-challenged folks -- does BC speak Chinese?  Or is he dubbed?  Or subtitled?  Or what?

He speaks in English (in his own delicious voice) and it is subtitled in Chinese.  The commercial is hilarious!

• Like 2

Benedict will be getting his own wax figure at Madame Tussaud's.  Adorable pictures of him getting measured up for it !  :wub:

• Like 1

I found Madame Tussaud's really impressive when I was in London. Some of those wax figures looked so lifelike - Agatha Christie had that brittle old woman skin on her hands, utterly believeable.

Aforementioned photo from the HuffPo:

tumblr_n91z84WbF91qdghnpo1_500.jpg

More at Madame Tussaud's site.

• Like 4

Benedict's figure will be ‘premiere ready’, showing the actor looking impeccably groomed in a stylish dark suit. His immaculate red carpet style will be paired with a warm and relaxed expression, and his famous tousled hairstyle.

So he'll be exhibited as himself, rather than as Sherlock.  Sounds like they're going with the Sherlock hairstyle, though!

We visited Tussaud's when I was a kid, it scared me half to death. Of course, most things did at that age. :)

Hey, the first trailer for The Imitation Game is out! Yep, I'm definitely seeing this one.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-07-21/benedict-cumberbatch-and-keira-knightley-in-first-trailer-for-the-imitation-game

The Imitation Game has its own thread, replete with trailers :smile:.

I suspected it might, but I'm in lazy mode at the moment. :D And the search function and I are not on very friendly terms (entirely it's fault, I assure you!)

If its any consolation, the search function and me don't always see eye to eye either ... like today, when I tried searching for the thread where Lie To Me was discussed, and it informed me that "to" and "me" were forbidden and the resulting search term "lie" was now too short :wacko:. So I know what you mean :smile:.

• Like 2

:lol5: I don't know why but that cracks me up!

Seems like I just read that very post recently. In the "Crime TV" thread, maybe?