Ruthyone

Benedict Cumberbatch News

15 hours ago, J.P. said:

As for Child: I had the unnerving impression that the film left out almost all crucial moments of the story, leaving us with the phases between them. Also the symbolic time-thing seemed a bit incomplete, as if they tried to show us something and dropped the idea half way. But maybe it's only me. I wasn't that much moved by Patric Melrose either.

I loved Patrick Melrose, I watched it twice. I don't know why, I usually don't care for that kind of tale. Just enjoyed BC's performance, maybe. And the cinematography. The cinematography was fantastic.

I think Child in Time was deliberately constructed like that, to try to draw attention to the recovery phase rather than the usual heartbroken wailing we see in stories about lost children. But I agree that it didn't really work, although I'd have to see it again to start figuring out why. But it didn't grip me like Melrose did.

Is Melrose a series, a minisieries or just one movie? 

It’s a 5-part miniseries. 1 part for each book by Edward St. Aubyn. They started with book 2 then went to book 1 before doing the rest in order.

• Thanks 1

He definitely looks better with a full head of hair or even as the creature in Frankenstein.

I don't think looking good is desirable in this case. The guy he's playing has even less hair. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally, someone with good questions! I love listening to artists talk about their craft. Now if I can just find the time to watch the whole thing....

• Like 1

I sincerely, sincerely, sincerely hope Ben doesn't decide that he likes that hair style.... :blink: 

• Like 1

I agree Arcadia. His curls (what little shows when his hair is his normal length short) are beautiful and need to be embraced by the actor as much as possible.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I shall say it again... he has strong features and needs longer hair to soften them, with longer hair he looks amazing. But alas, it is his head. 

• Like 1

Jeps, this fandom: stop obsessing over his bleedin' hair!

He's just growing it out after Brexit.

I am beyond excitement over the Cumber bump...could possibly be a Xmas baby.

Holly, has a nice ring to it!

• Like 1

We know. Just sayin'. :smile: 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 5:45 PM, J.P. said:

Now we know why he's beaming. There seems to be a 3d Cumberbaby on the way. baby.gif

Where is his hair? OMG! He didn't decide. Because of film. I guess... I hope... 😉

I’m thinking it might have been for his Brexit role as he’s filming it or just finished recently on that production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah apparently his next role requires the cropped look, too....Ironbark, is it?

Is that the spy one, Besley? 

• Like 1

Go to the top of the class!

Yeah, that's the one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Child in Time is on tonight on PBS at 9:30.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Another episode of Sherlock would be better, but I'll take it. :smile: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Son of a gun!  I'd been assuming that whole "Cumberbatch stopped a mugging" thing was made up or mistaken identity.  But it really happened, more or less.

Oh I knew it was real and am puzzled why people thought it wasn't.

But glad it wasn't as desperate as the media made out.

• Like 1

I love how he dressed up for the occasion. :D