Ruthyone

Benedict Cumberbatch News

If its any consolation, the search function and me don't always see eye to eye either ... like today, when I tried searching for the thread where Lie To Me was discussed, and it informed me that "to" and "me" were forbidden and the resulting search term "lie" was now too short :wacko:. So I know what you mean :smile:.

I tried searching for it as a phrase (i.e., in quotes), and it merely told me "no results found."  Maybe this explains why I sometimes get that response for a search object that I know damn well exists.  But you're right, it won't search for individual words shorter than four letters.

Tip:  I sometimes resort to using Google.  In order to restrict the search to just the forum, I enter this:

site:sherlockforum.com whatever I'm searching for

(Note that there is no space between "site:" and the forum's URL.)  The main drawback to this method is that it'll find items only in the top few layers of the tree structure.  But this search came up with three hits for "lie to me"!

• Like 1

Comic-Con interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NX7RWCdxxtQ

(source and rough transcript)

defrost a chicken :picard:

honourable mention:

tumblr_n98gu9G7Zd1s6z4zdo1_250.gif  tumblr_n98gu9G7Zd1s6z4zdo2_250.gif

Amazing Gollum impression, though :smile:.

• Like 2

And a recap of the Penguins of Madagascar Q&A here.

tumblr_n98fdsrtbd1tvy42yo4_500.jpg

eta: Video:

• Like 2

Cool, thanks Caya!

Thanks for that link to the sorta transcript, Martina!

Somehow it had never occurred to me that in Black Mass he would do a Boston accent   :picard:   but now I'm curious to hear it.  (I lived in the Boston area for nine years, so I'm well acquainted with that accent.)

• Like 1

Edited a video of the aforementioned Q&A into the post above, since I can only put two in here.

Short interview:

Movie clip from the North Wind HQs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=auglVsueg8o

• Like 1

He did the full body motion capture for SMAUG?  Really and he's been so quiet about that,   Tumblr is going to love that.

"That's like talking to my parents." :rofl:

• Like 3

I believe there's a video of the motion-capture session over on the Hobbit thread.  Yup, there's a photo of it here (with a link to more), then scroll down to here for a link to the video, followed in the next post by more photos (with subtitles).

Here's a longer video of the SDCC panel:

Was anyone here at any of these panels?  

Did they only do panels  with some Q&A or was there meet and greets afterwards?

Well, our boy protested heavily a few years ago that he was NOT a smoker but he has taken up the habit.  Oh dear, BC.

Yeah, I wanna smack him over the head every time I see him light up. Those things can kill you. And ruin your voice.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wanna smack him over the head every time I see him light up. Those things can kill you. And ruin your voice.

Maybe we should start a hashtag #benedictcumberbatchstopsmokingplease

Well, let's start several similar hashtags.  Eventually he will get the message.  

Excuse me?  Benedict has always smoked.

The  one thing I hate.

Actually, according to him he hasn't always smoked and that some of the smoking scenes in the early episodes he talked in the commentaries about how he doesn't smoke and that he'd gotten nicotine poisoning from the smoke scenes and had been sick the next day.  

He has also started that he doesn't smoke in public or when he's working but yeah he does when he is able and now they are letting him smoke on screen.

More than a 3-patch problem?

• Like 1

No, he's not a chain smoker.

But he is  a smoker nonetheless and I wish he'd give up.

He so does smoke in public, photos of him doing just this on his Malaysian trip.

I was just quoting what he himself said in an interview......and you know how the paparazzi are...even if it was in private they would make it look public.

He does not need any "aids" to lower his voice further or make it scraggly.