#221 Baker Street

Right, there's a landing partway up.  There are probably several scenes that show the bottom flight of steps, but the upper one would be tricky to get a good shot of.  The best bet might be a screencap of the lower flight plus a clip of the "jellyfish" scene, where they're climbing the upper flight and we could count the number of times they step up.

If anybody is actually curious enough.

• 1 month later...

Here's an article listing where to get 5 of the wallpapers from the show -- The Wallpaper and the bamboo one from #221 and three more from Irene Adler's bedroom, Magnussen's office, and John's S3-4 living room.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, J.P. said:

If you need a distraction: Arwel is posting tons of never seen BTS pictures from Sherlock, Dracula and Dr Who.
I love this guy.
https://www.instagram.com/arwelwjones/

Oooh, I hope some of those people who make Sherlock memes are still active...

• 3 months later...

The detail with the glass tiles on the ceiling of Myc's office. Isn't it pure genius? I tell you, Arwel is responsible for at least 1/3 of the "things that got us hooked" in this show.

But: I tried to google about Whitehall and didn't find anything about glass in the floor. Can anyone help?

3 hours ago, J.P. said:

The detail with the glass tiles on the ceiling of Myc's office. Isn't it pure genius? I tell you, Arwel is responsible for at least 1/3 of the "things that got us hooked" in this show.

But: I tried to google about Whitehall and didn't find anything about glass in the floor. Can anyone help?

To clarify the matter for my fellow non-British members, the term "Whitehall" originally referred to a royal palace in London, but (except for the banquet hall) that burned down three hundred years ago.  Meanwhile, though, the name had become attached to a street (I assume one near the palace), and is currently associated with the British government (like "Madison Avenue" referring to the US advertising industry).  In particular it seems to refer to the Ministry of Defence, so I tried Googlng too.  The closest I got was with the search object inside ministry of defence building, which does bring up some interiors, presumably of their HQ, but (like you) I don't offhand see any with the glass floor tiles that Arwel says form the ceiling of Mycroft's subterranean office.

I'm guessing that Moftiss have had tea with Mycroft.

10 hours ago, J.P. said:

Maybe it was more than just a tea.

Well, "tea" is, after all, an old slang term for marijuana.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...