1,500 posts and a promotion!

T.o.b.y has reached 1,500 posts today which makes her the third Consulting Detective on this Forum!

Congratulations T.o.b.y!!

post-398-0-18186800-1398542275_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Wow -- that was fast!  T.o.b.y just joined the forum six months ago, and she's already the third most-prolific poster -- with consistently interesting things to say, too.  (I've been here four times as long, but have only three times as many posts.)

Thanks for noticing that, Fox -- and congratulations, T.o.b.y!!!  :bouncy:

• Like 1

Wow! I've been here the same amount of time, and I thought I had quite a few posts.

Congrats, T.o.b.y! It's always interesting to read your posts.

But it's not a numbers contest of course.  This forum wouldn't amount to much without meaningful posts, and someone who posts a lot but without good content is simply annoying.  The important thing is to add to the discussion, and T.o.b.y does that very well indeed -- but so do a bunch of other people here (including you, sherlockandjohn), even some who rarely post.

• Like 1

Lol, the first time I read that I thought it said "meaningless" posts! I was going to volunteer to contribute a few... ;)  Oh, wait, I just did....

Congrats, T.o.b.y!

• Like 1

Congratulations, T.o.b.y! :applause::applause::applause:

• Like 1

Lol, the first time I read that I thought it said "meaningless" posts! I was going to volunteer to contribute a few... ;)  Oh, wait, I just did....

Congrats, T.o.b.y!

Not meaningless if it makes someone laugh :D

• Like 1

Wow, thanks everybody! I didn't notice this thread before! Sorry and thanks for bearing with me here... Just imagine me having to vent all my Sherlock-related ramblings on my friends and family... Oh dear. Long live the "Sherlock addiction support group"!

• Like 6

AWWWW... Don't make me blush! :blush: 

I'm very tempted to use the "that's not what people usually say" quote here, but comparing oneself to Sherlock is a bit presumptuous, isn't it. (Though I do sometimes watch him and think, hey, wow, there are other people like that, and they can be totally glorified! Now, if only I could have his IQ and looks...)

Thanks everybody for endless discussions and for taking fiction seriously enough to keep them going but not being all tense and hostile about it. I really appreciate that around here.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And on the topic, congrats to Arcadia who has also become a 'Consulting Detective' and reached 1500+ posts. It's a delight to have you around!

• Like 5

Gee, thanks! :blush: I didn't even notice, I was having so much fun! I knew my penchant for babbling nonsense would come in handy some day.

• Like 2

In case anyone is wondering where the breakpoints currently are:

The ranks as they currently stand are:

• Trainee Detective Constable 0
  • Detective Constable 10
  • Detective Sergeant 30
  • Detective Inspector 50
  • Detective Chief Inspector 100
  • Detective Superintendent 200
  • Detective Chief Superintendent 500
  • Consulting Detective 1500

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Congrats Jess and Martina :party: :party:  You are worthy to be called  :sherlock2: ians :)

• Like 1