Bakerstreet Irregular

1,500 posts and a promotion!

2 hours ago, Caya said:

Those dots should be above your screenshot, to the right of where it says www.sherlock-and-so-on.

Oddly enough, they appear to be a browser function, not a forum option the way it was with the old software.  It's just the regular three vertical dots, where you get options like New Tab.  I would never have thought to look there if Martina hadn't told me about it.

12 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

How is the donation for my fake nose coming through?

Well, there's been a donation box in the forum lounge for a week now, but all we've collected so far is three bottle caps and a couple of candy wrappers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@Caya's suggestion

I did that but nothing happened. It looks exactly the same with mobile version. Unlike old forum (I always used desktop/full version on my phone back then).

So yah, nose.

Oh dear that sounds like the content of donation box I put up in real life! Who said digital persona would be better and  prettier and more likable version of you.. :bemused: :cry:

• Like 1

I’d think about giving but I’m currently rubbing 2 pennies together so I can cook the food before my job starts.

• Like 1

I have some used rubber bands I could donate. Maybe they could be melted down to make a nose?

• Like 3

Okay let me get this straight. 

So first you are greeted, made feel like home, addicted, secured and welcomed, and when you finally drop your guard, you are denied secret handshake and being asked to wear fake nose made of melted used rubber bands in order not to get kicked out from the forum...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last one is optional, unless your Linus Caldwell pretending to be Lenny Pepperidge; then the nose plays. But, since this is Sherlock not Oceans 13, it is not strictly necessary except under extreme duress while helping Mycroft with a case.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Okay let me get this straight. 

So first you are greeted, made feel like home, addicted, secured and welcomed, and when you finally drop your guard, you are denied secret handshake and being asked to wear fake nose made of melted used rubber bands in order not to get kicked out from the forum...?

You got it, kid. Welcome to the asylum fandom.  :patpatpat:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Per VBS's suggestion in another thread, Tim has set up a new rank.  It has no specific name, because when you get to 5,000 posts, you get to make up your own name for it.

Awww, it'll take me years to get to 5,000.  Unless I make you all suffer through another picture-posting spree this Christmas.  :D 

• Haha 2

You've got years. It's called "hiatus." No rush.

• Like 2

At this point the proper term just might be denial. But then again, I still check the Westeros boards every year or so if the new Game of Thrones book is finally underway, so I'm sitting in the most fragile of glass houses anyway. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No worries, I'm still waiting for the next season of "Earth 2" to drop. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2018 at 10:00 PM, Arcadia said:

You've got years. It's called "hiatus." No rush.

Is it over yet?

How about now?

And now?

I  remember a while ago some of you  were talking about the cover page (picture), not sure which thread. The one I like the most is actually the Victorian ones, around Christmas 2016 (or 2015?? Good god! It's 2015!!!!). It happened around the same time with snowing on the forum. It felt special and Christmas-y, especially because I was on my way home for holiday.

• Like 1

Snow!!! I wonder if the new forum will have snow. I liked the snow.

• Like 1

Guess we'll find out in a month or so. :D

• Like 1