Okay, really, I don't know how much of the "extra curricular" stuff is canon.  I do know that BBC set up websites to mimic John's blog and Sherlock's science of deduction.  And Molly Hooper has a blog that ended when she broke up with Moriarty/Jim Brooks.

Buuuuuuut..... there are Twitter accounts for the characters that seem like that also come from BBC... and on Molly's account there is a link to ask her questions.  And she makes illusions that she is with a holistic detective named Dirk Gently and that they are expecting a baby.  

http://ask.fm/EmbraceChaos

So seriously, I don't know if this is extended Sherlock canon or some other red herring.  Opinions?

Sounds like fans masquerading as characters to me.

• Like 2

Arcadia, I have wondered about that but I am not sure is BBC1 set up twitter accounts for the characters.

Yes, Dirk Gently was a detective invented by Douglas Adams. Nothing remotely Sherlockian there that I can see. Sounds a little fishy to me, red herring indeed.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not on Twitter, so perhaps I shouldn't say. But it just sounds twitchy to me.

Me neither, but I seriously doubt that Hartswood is planning a crossover with the Adams universe.  So I agree with you, Arcadia, sounds like fannish hijinks to me (similar to all those "Benedict Cumberbatch" and "Martin Freeman" twitter and facebook accounts).  Oh, one possible exception -- I believe that there really is a semi-official twitter account for "thewhiphand," alias Irene Adler.

And of course the aforementioned blogs are also semi-official. 

a good rule of thumb is if bbc are following them and louise herself perhaps

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Dirk Gently has, in his lamentably brief career (only two and a half books, due to Douglas Adams's death) been confronted with shipwrecked ancient aliens, a semi-senile time lord and actual Norse gods (Odin and Thor, plus a couple drifters). I really doubt that the Sherlock team is planning a crossover ;).

I figure that means Sherlock and John are finally getting married!  (They did say it'd be the last thing we expect to happen on the show.)

John as a bigamist ... I AM shocked! :D

• Like 2

Well, technically speaking he isn't married, I presume, since Mary Morstan never reached the age to be legally wed :P.

I assume that John could get an annulment if he wanted to.  So far, he apparently hasn't wanted to.  But you know, if he got a better offer....  :P

I think many people think of nothing else!

Thinking of it is one thing.  Actually expecting to see it on the show is -- presumably -- something else entirely.

Then again, Alex says the thing he would least expect to see on the show is Sherlock turning into a giant tarantula.  Gee, I never thought of that!

• Like 3

And if Mary dies.....as in canon and has been mentioned in one recent interviews....then John would be a widower.....as much as I do not want to see a Johnlock show....it would be shocking especially if John became a single parent.....would Sherlock be able to stand the 3 am feedings for very long before storming out shanghi-ing Mrs. Hudson to substitute for him and then disappear until the kid was old enough to go to crime scenes and take the notes?

• Like 1

What's shocking about that? That's exactly the behavior I'd expect from Sherlock! :D :D

At this point I think the thing that would shock me most would be some straight-forward and honest solutions to the various mysteries. C'mon, Moftiss, surprise me!!

• Like 2