Benedict in a Romantic Comedy with....

That's interesting. I so hope he won't become a Hollywood star and will stay in Britain doing more independent projects or voiceovers or theatre or radio work. And Sherlock of course! I don't like romantic comedies so I'd prefer him in a normal comedy. And as little Hollywood as possible.

• Like 2

I hope the same. I think he has a better chance and more access to  diverse mediums for his talent in Britain and more room to grow and expand. Romantic comedies are alright....as long as they are truly funny and not to long on the romance.

• Like 4

I think he can do both. There are some popular Hollywood actors who do independent projects all the time. I don't see him neglecting the land of his birth.

It's like comedians who end up doing big movies & TV sitcoms... The vast majority have said no matter what.. The humble occupation of Stand Up continues to draw them in. I believe it's the same for actors who truly love their craft. I believe that BC would never leave his roots no matter what he becomes.

Hay even my own story of growing up in the projects, surrounded by violence & chaos. Now I live in a nice neighborhood, quite safe. Yet about once a month I visit the hood. I'm drawn to it. Actually warms my heart. It'll probably always be home.. No matter where I end up.

• Like 2

& before anyone gets offended. I'm not saying that Britain is to Hollywood. As the projects is to the surburbs. I'm saying that about independent films/ plays.

Right now he seems to be focused on playing either real people or famous fictional people.  He's still quite young.  He has lots of time to explore all his options.

• Like 1

Hay I was just inspired to start this post because Benedict brought it up to be in a romantic comedy. Of course I'm gonna get excited about romance... Xoxoxoxoxoxo.

I'm trying to be a support for the man. Go after your dreams BC!

Hay now that I think about it maybe I would be the best leading woman for that roll... Xoxoxoxoxoxo

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a row of little boxes at the end of your post, Jess (right after the xo's).  I often see just one of those boxes at the end of your posts, but this time it's ten.  They're not BBCode or HTML, they appear to be individual ASCII characters, but they show up on my screen as little boxes with six hex numerals inside -- 01F on the top row and three assorted digits on the bottom.

I'm guessing that you've defined these characters on your system, but mine doesn't have them.  What does anyone else see?

Carol, I'm seeing lots of things at the end of Jess' post ... a heart, lips. kissing faces, a cat. clapping hands among others.  They're fun !

I'm kind of a fan of Turner Classic Movies and I'm thinking of Mr. Cumberbatch along the lines of David Niven or Ronald Coleman.  I love Lost Horizon ! :wub:   I think Mr. Niven did much of his work in Hollywood ?  They were quintessentially British but often in the North American setting.  Personally, I think I'd miss Mr. Cumberbatch in the British setting.  I think he'd do comedy really well but I'm not a fan of romantic comedy ... I'm more of a Monty Python type ... so I'm kind of not excited at the prospect of his doing such a film.

Debbie

• Like 1

It sounds like Jess is putting neat smilies at the end of her posts but Carol's and my computers are just showing those little boxes for some reason. :(

• Like 1

Well, I use google chrome and I see little squares in your posts... I have to admit it's a little bit annoying. 

Hay By The Sea, what browser are you using... Or are you using your phone as well?

I'm seeing everyone else's emotions along with mine. They're not custom emoticons.. I don't know why others can't see.

I tried it on my phone (Android) and I could see the emoticons alright. But I use my computer more often because some things just don't work on my phone (or I don't know how to do it, which is more likely :D).

• Like 1

I'm using Firefox on a laptop.  My best guess is that I need to find someplace in the browser dropdowns to "enable emoticons" or something like that.  I've already tried a couple of things (and even went so far as to search the Firefox Help pages), but so far, no go.

How do you type those symbols in, Jess?  Maybe that'll give us a clue.  Or maybe Tim will wander by -- he's generally good at this sort of thing.

• Like 1

Hay By The Sea, what browser are you using... Or are you using your phone as well?

I'm seeing everyone else's emotions along with mine. They're not custom emoticons.. I don't know why others can't see.

I'm on regular Google here but I'm at work and kind of linked in to possibly 600 other users across Canada through my head office.  My technical expertise kind of dies about 2 cm from the edge of my desk ! :rolleyes:  So I don't know if, in the larger picture, my IT department has something going on that I don't know about ... well, clearly, they do, but I don't know what it is !  :blink:

Debbie

• Like 1

I'm using Firefox on a laptop. My best guess is that I need to find someplace in the browser dropdowns to "enable emoticons" or something like that. I've already tried a couple of things (and even went so far as to search the Firefox Help pages), but so far, no go.

How do you type those symbols in, Jess? Maybe that'll give us a clue. Or maybe Tim will wander by -- he's generally good at this sort of thing.

They're part of my mobile phone keyboard.

That's weird. In some posts I can see Jess's emoticons on my phone but in other posts there are no emoticons at all while on my computer there is that little square  :huh:

Looks to me like Jess doesn't always use the emoticons, Janie.

You probably see a bunch of boxes & lines.

Yup!  :D

OK, so you have a built-in menu of smileys.  I suppose they may use the same ASCII characters that foreign keyboards use for tilde, rho, circumflex, etc.