You know your "Sherlock" obsession is bad when...

No I have found the glasses, I just examined the darkest place of the supermarket, which was the place where there was a highest chance that the customer

should have left his glasses . To be honest , I have just a really good sight and consequently a good observation sense . Hoping that would help me to spot some 

good-looking man at the supermarket some day , but no 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 12:50 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Any chance you could post it?

Two years late, but here you go:smile:

(I had a better one, but Tumblr couldn't process it for some reason.)

• Thanks 1

Zowie!

(It took me a minute to figure out why that cloud was so tall.... 😛 )

15 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

(It took me a minute to figure out why that cloud was so tall.... 😛 )

What meanest thou?

On my screen, at least, the picture is sideways. I thought I was looking at a vertical picture at first.

It's not sideways, it is a vertical picture.  :smile:  (In the bottom corner you can see the satellite dish sticking up on the neighbor's roof.)  It really was just an absurdly tall, monster of a cloud, lol.  I couldn't even almost fit the whole thing into a shot.

Gah, I thought those were the tops of the trees on the left there, but sideways! LOL.

Okay, now I'm really impressed!

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, J.P. said:

… when you watch (and re-read) Witcher and you see (and observe) a surprising number of parallels.

For example? 

• Like 1

Oh my… yesterday I knew what I meant. Okay, will try again.

Both protagonists are convinced not to have emotions, but it turns it's more a wishful thinking.

They are both created to fight monsters and are called monsters by others.

They are not especially nice. And are eager to keep this image alive.

But what jumped at me at one moment: They both have "sidekicks" writing their adventures down, taking, let's call it, a lot of creative freedom. It's clearly shown in Sherlock's TAB and in the books there is a strong hint, that all what we read about Geralt is more or less Jaskier's/Dandelion's narrative.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

You know when you're obsessed when you're watching "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" and one of the characters reminds you so much of Sherlock that you wonder if the filmmakers were deliberately referencing him, and have to look up the movie on IMDB to see when it was made. Alas, made in the '70's, so there goes that theory. 😞 

You also know you're obsessed when you're willing to spend ten minutes of valuable time using the site's search function in an attempt to find this thread, just so you can report your obsession to the 3-4 people who are still reading this..... :wacko: 

19 hours ago, Arcadia said:

You know when you're obsessed when you're watching "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" and one of the characters reminds you so much of Sherlock that you wonder if the filmmakers were deliberately referencing him, and have to look up the movie on IMDB to see when it was made. Alas, made in the '70's, so there goes that theory. 😞 

Please don't disappoint me and confirm that the character that reminds you of Sherlock is Godzilla or Mechagodzilla.

Please, I have enough disappointments in my life.

19 hours ago, Arcadia said:

You also know you're obsessed when you're willing to spend ten minutes of valuable time using the site's search function in an attempt to find this thread, just so you can report your obsession to the 3-4 people who are still reading this..... :wacko: 

And one of the 3-4 people mentioned is you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

... to spend ten minutes of valuable time using the site's search function in an attempt to find this thread, just so you can report your obsession to the 3-4 people who are still reading this.....

If you're referring to the people who've been posting on this thread, I'm pretty sure that a lot more than 3 or 4 people are still reading it.  In addition to active members who may read it without adding a response, there are other members who check in regularly but rarely if ever post, and then there are the non-members who just enjoy reading what we write.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arcadia said:

You mean our Sherlock?

Well, "made in the 70" - that means in the formative years for both Mofftisses. so they could have seen it - and borrowed something.

Or do you mean you thought the Godzilla movie was inspired by Sherlock?

21 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Please don't disappoint me and confirm that the character that reminds you of Sherlock is Godzilla or Mechagodzilla.

Please, I have enough disappointments in my life.

Actually, I think it was Mothra. XD 

Tbh, I wasn't watching closely enough to ever find out who the character was. But he was tall, mysterious, a smartass, wore a long black coat and had curly hair.

13 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

If you're referring to the people who've been posting on this thread, I'm pretty sure that a lot more than 3 or 4 people are still reading it.  In addition to active members who may read it without adding a response, there are other members who check in regularly but rarely if ever post, and then there are the non-members who just enjoy reading what we write.

I was referring to the number of people who've been posting in general, not just in this thread, which would be more like one. :D The rest of y'all don't count, so there.

6 hours ago, J.P. said:

You mean our Sherlock?

Yep. See description above.

7 hours ago, J.P. said:

Well, "made in the 70" - that means in the formative years for both Mofftisses. so they could have seen it - and borrowed something.

Oh God, I hope not. The Godzilla movies are soooooo  cheesy.

7 hours ago, J.P. said:

Or do you mean you thought the Godzilla movie was inspired by Sherlock?

Yep. Well, not the movie, but that particular character. Although a Godzilla movie inspired by Sherlock is a totally awesome idea. Godzilla plays the sleuth, Jet Jaguar plays his pal John Watson, and Megalon plays Moriarty. It could work!

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, J.P. said:

Did you watch The League of Gentlemen? :D

Not yet, and now I'm even more afraid.... :D 

Some of it is very funny...Mark at his absolute best.

But yeah, it's not really my thing, either.

• 8 months later...

I like this thread 😂

I know my Sherlock obsession is bad when : 

- I dream of Sherlock and John three times in a week. 

- I watch fan videos or an episode every night 

- i read Sherlock fanfictions every day 

• Like 1