You know your "Sherlock" obsession is bad when...

It's even worse when you start popping your P's, clicking your K's, and putting your hands together when you're thinking!

You know it's bad when you do not have a single song from your favorite musician on your phone, but you have the fan created Sherlock music from Sherlockology in it's own playlist on your phone.

And you read the complete Sherlock collection with Benedict's and Martin's voices & faces tossed in periodically as well as some of the other characters from the show despite the fact that there is a 100 plus year difference in time setting for the 2 sets of work.

• Like 3

Also you write on your marker board when you can officially pre-order the new Sherlock special edition because you're broke and you have discussed your Sherlock related Christmas Gift with your sister over 3 months before Christmas.

Give what names? I work in a potato processing plant to pay the bills. The product I work with is deep fat fried and sometimes dipped in some kind of crumb ccoating. The residue of the grease and crumbs covers the belt. If I get really bored I write Sherlockian messages on the belt.

• Like 2

Give what names? I work in a potato processing plant to pay the bills. The product I work with is deep fat fried and sometimes dipped in some kind of crumb ccoating. The residue of the grease and crumbs covers the belt. If I get really bored I write Sherlockian messages on the belt.

I can picture Sherlock doing something like that if he were forced to do such a job  :) Then again his high-functioning sociopathic self might actually go slightly psychopathic out of that said boredom.

Anything to save my sanity. I sing, write Sherlockian fanfiction in my head which sooner or later gets written down in one of my stories in the fanfiction threads here in the Forum. The last thing I do is let myself go brain dead from the boredom.

• Like 1

According to my coworkers:

Apparently your obsessed if the name of the main character ( Benedict Cumberbatch ) easily rolls off your tongue. 

Also I know I'm obsessed because I'm pretty sure that Benedict Cumberbatch would be the only celebrity that would encourage a scream from my mouth, uncontrollable sweating and/or fainting. I've never had this much excitement over any fictional character. NEVER...

• Like 2

Apparently your obsessed if the name of the main character ( Benedict Cumberbatch ) easily rolls off your tongue. 

Also I know I'm obsessed because I'm pretty sure that Benedict Cumberbatch would be the only celebrity that would encourage a scream from my mouth, uncontrollable sweating and/or fainting. I've never had this much excitement over any fictional character. NEVER...

You do realize that Benedict Cumberbatch is not a fictional character?  (Just checking....)

;)

• Like 1

You do realize that Benedict Cumberbatch is not a fictional character?  (Just checking....)

;)

fictional or not, Sherlock or Benedict would probably make a lot of us do something similar or even become speechless out of shock.  And I 2nd the excitement over a fictional character.  I haven't been that bad til now.  I used to be that bad with my favorite musician but finally have that tamed down to a dull roar (it only took 4 years).

• Like 2

That is so totally awesome. I think I'll start hiding Sherlockian messages in my paintings.

I thought maybe you were giving names to the belts!

• Like 1

;)

Yes, but he plays a fictional character. Honestly if it wasn't for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes, I don't know if I'd know who he was. 

I would've said the same thing until I saw Star Trek Into Darkness. Oh. Yeah. Let the batching begin.

I would've said the same thing until I saw Star Trek Into Darkness. Oh. Yeah. Let the batching begin.

I saw Benedict in Amazing Grace back in 2006.  If I hadn't seen that movie I would not have known him at all until Sherlock.  When I saw some promo shots for Sherlock a couple of years ago, I knew he was from Amazing Grace without actually knowing his name until more recently.  

And I'm batching as well.  It doesn't help that we are a little less than 2 years apart in age (he's older) either.

• Like 1

I'm not at all sure that age has much to do with any of this!  :D

The only Sherlock cast member I can recall ever seeing prior to (very accidentally) watching "Study in Pink" was Wanda Ventham (Mummy Holmes).  So I've been wondering how long it would otherwise have taken me to come across Martin Freeman.  Pretty sure I know the answer, though -- I would surely have seen The Hobbit, partly because I enjoyed Jackson's LotR movies, and partly because I've always liked The Hobbit (book) even better than LotR.  So I suppose about now I'd be thinking -- Gee, I wonder what else has this guy been in? Hmm, Sherlock sounds interesting.

The first thing I remember seeing MF in was Love Actually, but I remember he seemed awfully familiar to me then so there must have been something else. Then there was Hitchhiker's Guide -- I thought he was terrific even tho I didn't like the movie. So when I heard he was in this show called Sherlock ... ta da! And now I feel a bit like I'm cheating on him because I've become so mesmerized by this Cumberbatch creature.......... :blush:

• Like 1

Martin I think I discovered with The Hobbit as I loved the LOTR movies.  I saw him in Love Actually when I finally watched it last year only because I accidentally discovered the movie Snow Cake starring Alan Rickman (while house sitting for my parents) & wanted to see Alan's other works & watched Love Actually because of that (& this year while house sitting I discovered my love for Benedict's acting. Seems like I am starting a pattern of liking a new British actor while I am house sitting for my parents each summer. Time for a :sherlock2: deduction maybe ;) ).  I might have heard Martin's name mentioned somewhere otherwise without knowing who he was or what he looked like.

For me it started with The Hobbit movies. I kind of fell in love with Freeman's acting and wanted to see something else with him in it so that's how I found out about Sherlock. Though I think I saw Love Actualy long before The Hobbit but I didn't remember Freeman in it.

Funny thing is that the first time I heard about Benedict was when I was reading a czech forum about The Hobbit movies and someone was very excited about an actor who would be doing the voice of Smaug. Don't know why but when I saw his name I thought he would be about the same age as Ian McKellen :D

• Like 1

... I was reading a czech forum about The Hobbit movies and someone was very excited about an actor who would be doing the voice of Smaug. Don't know why but when I saw his name I thought he would be about the same age as Ian McKellen :D

Well, "Benedict Cumberbatch" is sort of a fussbudget-y old name, isn't it?  In fact, it sounds much older than "Ian McKellen"!  :xmas2:

• Like 1

Hay I was watching old episodes of 'All In The Family'- when Archie Bunker made a bigoted comment about a black family with the name Cumberbatch.

I was like cool.

• Like 1

According to WhitePages.com, there are a couple thousand Cumberbatches in the US (and nearly half are in New York), but I've never met any of them, so I have no idea what color they are!

When Alex and I were in Chester, England, the plaque outside one old house said it had been built for a "James Comberbach."  That plus watching the North Gower Street location filming for "The Sign of Three" is the sum total of my personal experience with the clan.

• Like 1

You know your obsession is bad when you see this

070624ae56063788c918b1bcc7081f9f.jpg

and suddenly end up facedown on the floor crying