You know your "Sherlock" obsession is bad when...

If you read  Sherlockian fanfiction to unwind from work until about 3 am.

:lol: For a second there, I thought, how does she know what I did last night? Then I realized you were probably talking about yourself...

• Like 1

If you read Sherlockian fanfiction to unwind from work until about 3 am.

:lol: For a second there, I thought, how does she know what I did last night? Then I realized you were probably talking about yourself...

I was but glad I have some company as I'm doing it even if I don't know it.

Sounds like me about 2 weeks ago reading 1 fanfic.

For whatever reason (and I really don't care why), your browser won't load this site and you keep refreshing it every few seconds hoping it'll come up soon.

• Like 2

You have a discussion that is about 80% serious with your husband and dance partner about using music from the Sherlock soundtrack for your next performance routine, including marking out a little choreography and planning where you will have the music edited for length.

• Like 1

You have a discussion that is about 80% serious with your husband and dance partner about using music from the Sherlock soundtrack for your next performance routine, including marking out a little choreography and planning where you will have the music edited for length.

What kind of dance do you do?

And when's your next performance?  :D

We do ballroom (International Standard, primarily).  Strictly amateur stuff for the love of it, but we've been doing it a long time and I'm proud of our progress.  We got "lovingly prodded" this weekend by a showcase organizer about doing a piece this spring, and if we do, I think we'll use Sherlock music.  It will be a fun chance to play with something that's not "strictly ballroom."   :P

• Like 3

And when's your next performance?  :D

We do ballroom (International Standard, primarily).  Strictly amateur stuff for the love of it, but we've been doing it a long time and I'm proud of our progress.  We got "lovingly prodded" this weekend by a showcase organizer about doing a piece this spring, and if we do, I think we'll use Sherlock music.  It will be a fun chance to play with something that's not "strictly ballroom."   :P

Oh wow. I am so envious. I used to dance... before I began working. :( Oh well. Some day... Some day I'll waltz to John and Mary's waltz, I swear. Which peace(s) did you guys choose? For what dances?

• Like 1

Actually, we're thinking of Waltz for John and Mary as well, although we'd have to have it looped somewhere so we could get it to 90-120 seconds, up from 67.  I mentioned it above in this thread.  The interesting thing is that it's pretty much the correct tempo for an American Smooth Bronze waltz, which is what John and Mary dance to it, but we want to do an International Standard waltz (probably silver-ish), so it will present some interesting challenges as far as timing and how we use the music.  There are a lot of places in the music that would lend themselves to syncopated movements, and it would really push us to use our musicality and to be very technically accurate.  As the lady, I also think there are a lot of places that lend themselves to a lot of shaping and emotion, and I'd love to challenge myself that way.  

• Like 1

It'd be fun to see your Sherlock Showcase performance, either on YouTube or live (hey, you're only over in Ohio). So keep us posted, huh?

• Like 2

You hunt down a 12 step (based on what is used by AA) a friend made about 8 years ago when our favorite quartet disbanded after 16 years in music so that you can re-adapt it to Sherlock (and then post it here just because)   :)    :sherlock2:  :watson:  :lestrade:  :hudson:  :moriarty:  :molly:  :brett:  (and use all relevant non-smiley based Sherlock emoticons)

Step 1: We admitted we are powerless over Sherlock's hiatus (or anything that happens in a Sherlock episode), and it makes our life unmanageable

Step 2: Came to believe that a power (much) greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity

Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our life to God as we understand him

Step 4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory about our addiction to Sherlock for ourselves

Step 5: Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to all the other Sherlock fans the exact nature of our wrongs

Step 6: Were entirely ready to have God remove our addiction to Sherlock defects of Character

Step 7: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings related to our Sherlock addiction

Step 8: Made a list of all we have harmed from our addiction to Sherlock, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9: Made amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure ourselves or others or Sherlock as a whole

Step 10: Continued to take personal inventory relating to our addiction to Sherlock, and when we were wrong promptly admit it

Step 11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand Him, praying only for the knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.(He can assist with our Withdrawal)

Step 12: Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps we try to carry the message to other Sherlock addicts and to practice the principles in all our affairs

• Like 2

And another obsession:

The BBC Shop Holiday Preview 2014 catalog arrives and you check your bank account (no practical email access at that point) to see if your pre-order has re-preauthed indicating that the contents on the front cover are being shipped (only 1 week left until street date).

Step 8: Made a list of all we have harmed from our addiction to Sherlock, and became willing to make amends to them all

Like my husband who is trying to tell me about his day, and I'm all "I'm reading something right now!!!"  as I check this forum.   tumblr_inline_nbayvnCCVO1s4nh3y.gif

And another obsession:

The BBC Shop Holiday Preview 2014 catalog arrives and you check your bank account (no practical email access at that point) to see if your pre-order has re-preauthed indicating that the contents on the front cover are being shipped (only 1 week left until street date).

Wait, what is this?

I received the BBC shop catalog yesterday and it had the special edition Sherlock with the outtakes, art cards, & Sherlock and John busts. Not sure if the was just the US edition or not.

Yes it was: $179 and change plus tax/shipping.

Yup.  If all you want is basically the new extra DVD features, you can get those (plus the Series 3 episodes) for somewhere around $25 plus shipping from Amazon UK.

You know your Sherlock obsession is bad when there's about 30 continuous pages of Sherlock fanart in your sketchbook, all drawn within a week and broken only by a scribbly drawing of Gavin Free.

• Like 1

A post you make (in 1 of the Doctor Who threads on here) regarding a drummer's Doctor Who reference on FaceBook you really want to put over here because of how we use the word Moftiss as Moftiss was running through your head while commenting on the drummer's picture, but you don't as you know it technically doesn't fit here.

... when you begin to mentally cast all kinds of British actors whom you come across on the news or in other films in potential Sherlock roles.

• Like 3

Happy days, my mom called letting me know a package arrived. I asked where it came from & she said BBC :):D:sherlock2:

You know your obsession is bad when you are super excited that the scarf on the :sherlock2: bust is blue from the limited edition gift set :)