You know your "Sherlock" obsession is bad when...

When you softly sing a certain song from a recent episode to yourself all day long until your colleagues start staring at you...

• Like 3

Is that a real song, does anyone know? It's sure a weird one.

How were the reactions?

You are obesessed when you brows around a hardware store and think about Arwel and the Wallpapers. And there are glass panels like those in the kitchen at 221b

TAB was crowded in the theater both times I saw it, but TFP had maybe 20-30 people.

• Like 2

Want to call my new female puppy 'Sherlock " but she refused to respond to it and it has been a week since she came here. :|

• Like 3

Yes, but how did they react? Or were they just quiet?

Completely quiet but confussed - not because of the plot but because they were waiting for something AFTER - but the Amanda thing came before.

• Like 2

We won't be gone, we'll just be trapped in the spiderwebs.

Hey, you are stepping on my neck. :p

Want to call my new female puppy 'Sherlock " but she refused to respond to it and it has been a week since she came here. :|

:D You didn't watch HLV??

It's not a girl name! XD

At first it was just me and an older guy sitting several rows behind me, and I greeted him with "Hello, Sherlockian!"  We chatted briefly until others came into the theater, and then we returned to our own worlds.

I would kill every single one of you for a chance to see Sherlock episode in theatre. Any episode. Twice.

Well, the killing is once, the watching is twice. :)

• Like 4

At first it was just me and an older guy sitting several rows behind me, and I greeted him with "Hello, Sherlockian!"  We chatted briefly until others came into the theater, and then we returned to our own worlds.

I would kill every single one of you for a chance to see Sherlock episode in theatre. Any episode. Twice.

Well, the killing is once, the watching is twice. :)

The episodes hold up remarkably well on the big screen.  Then too, it's always nice to have others around you who enjoy it as much as you do.

• Like 2

:D You didn't watch HLV??

It's not a girl name! XD

Fitting name for a Doberman-mix. ;) Besides, she's just as attention-seeking and vocal when wanting something. I think she might be learning from big sister Mocha.

• Like 2

At first it was just me and an older guy sitting several rows behind me

Rough estimate of his age?

Is that a real song, does anyone know? It's sure a weird one.

If you're referring to the song that mentions the old beech tree, it's adapted from the Conan Doyle story "The Musgrave Ritual," wherein it's not a song but rather a list of clues to the location of ... something (not the something in the episode, though).

• Like 2

Just perfect! 30 people at most in a cinema, even one of the multiplexes, means failure!
Serve them right!
That having been said, I am still ordering the DVDs, already aware of their meagre offerings in the extras one!
Seriously, I have watched Gene Wilder's Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, and it wasn't as cringe-worthy as TFP. Even Spielberg's Young Sherlock Holmes series wasn't half bad compared to the latest episode!
Please, excuse the overuse of exclamation marks, by the way. I am still too upset at the way they coped out of the Sherlock Holmes universe without answering questions mentioned in other threads, and introducing {something else} as a gag. 90 minutes worth of gag brings on a gag reflex in the audience.

Edited by Arcadia
Removed S4 spoiler

... I have watched Billy Wilder's Sherlock Holmes Younger Brother....

Actually, Billy Wilder did The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. It was Gene Wilder who did the younger brother (though the movie title was Smarter Brother).

• Like 2

So, yeah, you know your Sherlock obsession is bad when...

I work at a newspaper and one of the reporters there is named, John Wagner.  A lady came in asking for the name of the reporter that did a particular story and out of my mouth apparently came "John Watson".  I said it about three times before I heard him calling from around the corner "It's Wagner!"  lol.  I have only been there for 8 years! But I hear the name John (especially John "w") and I guess my mind was clearly on other things today! 

Had to edit this because I got his name wrong again...lol..I suck. 

• Like 9

:lol5:

He should be flattered! And should never ever correct you and hope that it sticks, cool sidekick to coolest detective, not to mention, on days when he doesn't feel like working, he could just bring a skull as a stand-in.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I almost snorted my breakfast out when I heard a old podcast talking about TV show, it was at the end of the season. They were talking about the coming hiatus that eventhough it'd be full of suffering they are well-trained for surviving long hiatus. Oh, it's one year hiatus.

Snort.

Those sweet summer child. :p

• Like 3

Hey Guys, I'm a third year uni student and I'm doing a project based around Benedict Cumberbatch. I made a quick multiple choice survey with 10 questions and it will mean a lot if I can get a few of you just to take a couple minutes to reply. Please help a fellow student out trying to get a degree  :D . Thanks for reading! 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/N7R7P2H

Here's the link if you could spare a couple minutes. Also I am open to anyone who wants to talk further about the Sherlock Fandom, Thanks Again!!

• Like 1

You win a gift card for Amazon and buy the Sherlock edition of Top Trumps card game. Now to wait for it to arrive.

• Like 1

You scared me for a bit there at the mention of Trump. Luckily I remember seeing it in BBC shop back then. XD

Because those two names shouldn't be lumped together. There are probably more, more! than 100 IQ points apart. :p

• Like 2

I've done the survey.  Good luck with your project!

And we hope to see you around the forum.  :smile:

Thank you so much Carol! I really appreciate it