You know your "Sherlock" obsession is bad when...

Yes way!  :D

It just occurred to me last night that this'll be a great opportunity to meet other local Sherlock fans.  And definitely a great opportunity to wear my Sherlock T-shirt!

• Like 1

But they say the Special will also be shown in movie theaters -- and that should be sometime this winter.

That is a little bit devastating for me.. I can't even catch Mr.Holmes now, I should plan to be on the right place in December to catch that then.

When you read and participate in fun forums like this XD when your best friends are simply "Watson" or "The woman" with the corresponding character pics as their contacts in your phone..

Seriously???? :rofl:

I was having a refresher Emergency Responder course, the task was to determine injuries in victims.
There was a video about a scripted accident scene.

However, what running through my mind was..
The weapon? Where is the weapon? The car is badly crashed but there is no other cars involved in the accident, no rocks, no trees, no lamp post. Where is the weapon?
It doesn't make any sense. The victim shouldn't be outside away from the car in that position from the injury that she has. Severe bleeding, where is the blood trail, Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

• Like 4

In winter? Gah! Definitely must find way to watch in warm place but still one of the first!

Were you right? :smile:

I didn't say it out loud.

But apparently in emergency first response all they care about is saving lives..which is completely and utter...... wait..

• Like 3

When you're having a book cull(we are being buried by the volume of books we own!) and are having to part with some Sherlockian volumes...it's like losing your children!

It just occurred to me last night that this'll be a great opportunity to meet other local Sherlock fans.  And definitely a great opportunity to wear my Sherlock T-shirt!

Have we seen a picture of said t-shirt?

When you are informed that you will be attending a comedic mystery play later in the week and your first instinct is mentally locating the location of your deerstalker and famous scarf; both of which you fervently insist on adorning the day of the event.

• Like 3

Boton, how was your surgery? Drop us a note when you come online!

Sorry I didn't check back in this thread.  It was just fine; I've got a lot less pain than I did and I'm going to have a lot better muscular control over letting my leg track below my center of gravity, which is kind of important for the dancing!  :-)

Thanks for asking!

:wub:

• Like 2

Have we seen a picture of said t-shirt?

Dunno if you've seen it (I mentioned it a time or two last year), but here's a link.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think you've done more than just consider using them, dear! :D

umm_no_sherlock.gif

• Like 1

At work on Friday: I am going on and on in full nerd mode about some detail of my job that I am excited about. A potential new colleague comes in to see the place. I go on talking. My supervisor introduces himself, shakes hands. I go on talking. He nudges me, says: "you have to say hi". I say: "oh!". Shake hands. I sit back down and think "bit not good, hm?" I almost say it. Then I remember that we're in Germany speaking German. And that I'm the only person in the room who watches Sherlock and knows what the heck I would be alluding to... :lol:

• Like 5

But I am considering making me a handy gif gallery of my own.

What are you waiting for :)

At work on Friday: I am going on and on in full nerd mode about some detail of my job that I am excited about. A potential new colleague comes in to see the place. I go on talking. My supervisor introduces himself, shakes hands. I go on talking. He nudges me, says: "you have to say hi". I say: "oh!". Shake hands. I sit back down and think "bit not good, hm?" I almost say it. Then I remember that we're in Germany speaking German. And that I'm the only person in the room who watches Sherlock and knows what the heck I would be alluding to... :lol:

Same here. No one close in my life would understand Sherlock's quotes or anything related.

Now to another bsession.. b*tching about being too busy to come here by coming here.

• Like 5

... when you can't leave the supermarket, because "December 1963" is playing over the loudspeakers and it's making you feel sad and happy and wistful all at once and you have to wait it out until it's over and half expect Molly to pop up somewhere in the produce isle with a yellow bow in her hair, humming along under her breath and moving her hips just ever so slightly like you are... Then you end up buying way too much stuff and cook a huge dinner for just yourself so it won't go to waste. :lol:

• Like 4

... when you can't leave the supermarket, because "December 1963" is playing over the loudspeakers and it's making you feel sad and happy and wistful all at once and you have to wait it out until it's over and half expect Molly to pop up somewhere in the produce isle with a yellow bow in her hair, humming along under her breath and moving her hips just ever so slightly like you are... Then you end up buying way too much stuff and cook a huge dinner for just yourself so it won't go to waste. :lol:

I think that song may be ruined for me.  I have a tendency to just say "Poor Sherlock" out of the blue whenever the song plays, wherever I am.  It tends to be quite the non sequitur in the wrong company.

Rewatching Sherlock episodes so that I can pick out the correct dollhouse miniatures to recreate the modern 221b.

Have you picked out anything yet?

Rewatching Sherlock episodes so that I can pick out the correct dollhouse miniatures to recreate the modern 221b.

Rewatching our 221B thread could be more effective.

Quicker, certainly -- and I do believe we have a lot of set photos in there -- but then what would Fox use as an excuse to rewatch the episodes?  ;)

• Like 2