The Bad Puns Thread

Multiple likes on the bad puns  :D

Now for my attempt:

Lestrade & Watson walk into a bar, Sherlock steps on it so he can look at the wall for clues

Think Sherlock stepping up and walking across his coffee table ( like he did in series 3.1) only it's a bar counter instead of a table.

So -- it's a pun in the sense that the "bar" that they walk into is the whole room, whereas the "bar" that Sherlock steps on is the service counter?

So -- it's a pun in the sense that the "bar" that they walk into is the whole room, whereas the "bar" that Sherlock steps on is the service counter?

yes.

I'm usually better at telling a joke/pun that is written out.

I think I know what you mean.  In fact, there are some truly awesome puns that CANNOT be told in writing, because they're based on two different words that sound alike -- so you'd have to spell it one way or the other, which would ruin the joke.

I still dont see how the wall fits in.... Well this is for BAD puns after all, so good job SherlockeCAMPer! You win!!

Easy, in 3.1 Sherlock steps on the table to the sofa between his parents & looks at what he's got hanging on the wall for clues to the case he's solving. So I had him doing the same thing.

Three Libertarians Walk into a Bar.

The first Libertarian walks into a bar and is knocked out. He comes to, goes to the hospital, then when recovered procedes to champion legislation that will prohibit the placing of bars at head height. This Libertarian is actually a Liberal.

The second Libertarian walks into a bar and is knocked out. He comes to, goes to the hospital, then when recovered starts a rival business that does NOT have bars at head height, with the intention of driving the first guy out of business. This Libertarian is actually a Conservative.

The third Libertarian walks into a bar and is knocked out. He comes to, decides it's his own fault for not looking where he was going, and goes home. He dies a little later from brain trauma; but he dies a Libertarian.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

When driving, keep your hands at 9 o' clock and 3 o' clock. It gives you the best control. Back then it used to be 10 and 2, but I guess times have changed.

• Like 2

Gahhhhhhh, I thought this thread was dead! Die, thread, die!!!!!! Wheek! Wheek! Wheek! (Stabs thread with knife while it showers.)

• Like 2

Gahhhhhhh, I thought this thread was dead! Die, thread, die!!!!!! Wheek! Wheek! Wheek! (Stabs thread with knife while it showers.)

You know this thread can never die.  It just pulls a Moftiss once in awhile, we think it's dead and then it pops back up unexpectedly like Sherlock & Moriarty without a completely viable explanation.

• Like 2

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

:) -->

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a Sherlock Forum that has a lot of focus on the BBC Show so of course it has to learn from the writing styles of our esteemed Moftiss in all ways possible since Moftiss isn't knowingly on here in part or in whole.  It has to help us maintain our crazy feels so that we can be properly ready when the next series airs.  You know we can't go the approximately 2 years between series without our feels going all haywire on a regular basis and our almost need for psychological help to be at a near constant. ;):D:lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You've been containered (have fun figuring that one out ;) )

That's bad Bendy

• Like 1

What Carol said ;)