This seemed the most appropriate place for this bit of silliness: Dr. Who's on First

• Like 2

You dislike puns, yet you resurrected this.. the existence of a thread that I don't know about. XD
Hm....maybe deep, deep, deep down you do like puns.

I'm not sure if I really get the hang of them, but as you wish :cowdance:, I will continue making them, purposely or not, without remorse. :P
It's this, or shoes.

• Like 1

I just found this, this seems fun

You dislike puns, yet you resurrected this.. the existence of a thread that I don't know about. XD

Hm....maybe deep, deep, deep down you do like puns.

I'm not sure if I really get the hang of them, but as you wish :cowdance:, I will continue making them, purposely or not, without remorse.

It's this, or shoes.

I thought you were going to say "it's this, cluedo."

Anyway, A furniture shop keeps calling me, all I wanted was a one night stand.

• Like 1
  • Tongue 1

EEb3W8g.gif

• Like 1

A minister, a priest, and a rabbi walk into a bar, and the bartender says, "What is this, some kind of a joke?"

A minister, a priest, and a rabbit walk in to donate blood. The rabbit says, "I think I might be a type-O."

• Haha 3
  • Tongue 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:02 AM, Caya said:

A minister, a priest, and a rabbit walk in to donate blood. The rabbit says, "I think I might be a type-O."

I'm proud to say that it took me a mere three hours to get that joke.   :huh:

In all fairness, though, it's an extremely complicated joke for a one-liner.  Just in case it has anyone else stumped, here's a far-too-thorough explanation:

First, you need to know that there's a whole genre of jokes about "a minister, a priest, and a rabbi" (in some order).  So the word "rabbit" might seem to be a pun.  You also need to know (since they're donating blood) that human blood comes in four basic types, A, B, AB, and O.  (I have no idea about rabbit blood.)  Finally, you need to know that a mis-typed word is called a typographical error, or "typo" for short.  So supposedly the person typing the joke "accidentally" typed rabbit when they meant rabbi, so the rabbit is indeed a Type-O (typo).

If the text is invisible when you open that box, all you need to do is highlight the contents of the box, as though you were planning to copy them, and -- just like magic ink -- the text will become visible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I'm proud to say that it took me a mere three hours to get that joke.  

Considering this is a bad puns thread, should I be ashamed to say that I got it instantly?  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

should I be ashamed to say that I got it instantly? 

Not at all!  I apparently came at it from the wrong end, first misreading "rabbit" as "rabbi" (due to prior experience with such jokes), and then thinking that either "rabbit" was some kind of a pun or maybe the joke had something to do with actual blood types in rabbits.  When (hours later) it finally occurred to me that the joke might lie elsewhere, I got it almost immediately (though still not instantly -- so congratulations!).

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, Artemis said:

Considering this is a bad puns thread, should I be ashamed to say that I got it instantly?  :P

I got it instantly too! I focus on sound rather than words.

40 minutes ago, SherLOCKED123 said:

I got it instantly too! I focus on sound rather than words.

Ah, that must be the key!  I tend to focus on visual cues and/or meaning.

If I'd heard the joke rather than reading it, though, I would presumably have been more likely to get it.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, Artemis said:

I got it instantly and I am not ashamed! In fact I'm very proud, where is Arcadia, she should be delighted too!

1 hour ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

where is Arcadia, she should be delighted too!

She sold her house, moved to new quarters (where she has a temporary housemate), AND went back to work, all at once.  That's been a couple of weeks, though, so hopefully she'll be back soon.  We could try talking about her behind her back and see if it makes her ears burn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

We could try talking about her behind her back and see if it makes her ears burn.

Butttt.. but have you seen her? There are no ears! I'm not even sure she has nose.

Everyone looks like their avatars right? Don't tell me otherwise, I have enough disappointment in my life.

• Haha 1
  • Tongue 1

On 7/18/2020 at 12:19 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

Butttt.. but have you seen her? There are no ears! I'm not even sure she has nose.

Everyone looks like their avatars right? Don't tell me otherwise, I have enough disappointment in my life.

Hey, I have one ear! You can see it dangling down there on the left. And it ears perfectly well, thank you.

(and that was actually a typo, but when I realized it was also a pun I decided to leave it there. So there. And yes, VBS, you should be ashamed. Just on general principle. :tongue2: )

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Hey, I have one ear! You can see it dangling down there on the left.

Have it your way, dearie.

(Psst, VBS -- I think she just glued an earring to the side of her head in a pathetic attempt to fool us all.  But she does have a nose -- remember how it turns red every December when she's had too much eggnog?)

11 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Psst, VBS -- I think she just glued an earring to the side of her head in a pathetic attempt to fool us all. 

It does look like suspicious protuberance.

11 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

But she does have a nose -- remember how it turns red every December when she's had too much eggnog?

Oh yes! Of course I remember!

I don't mean to be nosy, but I don't think that nose is made by proper ol'-factory, although I'm sure she doesn't have problem running with it.

Oh my, I am on fire!! :lol4:

• Haha 1
  • Tongue 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:51 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

It does look like suspicious protuberance.

Oh yes! Of course I remember!

I don't mean to be nosy, but I don't think that nose is made by proper ol'-factory, although I'm sure she doesn't have problem running with it.

Oh my, I am on fire!! :lol4:

a12sreq.gif Gang, we have created a monster. I can remember when VBS didn't even know what a pun was. Oh, those were gentler times.........

• Like 1

There, there -- it could be worse.  Then again, maybe it will be.   :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, of all the threads on this forum, this is the one that obviously needs the most attention.

*clears throat*

What does a grape say when it is stepped on?

Nothing, it just lets out a little wine.

Where do animals go when their tails fall off?

To the retail store.

When Dad turned 65, he started running a mile a day to keep fit. He's 70 now and we have no idea where he is.

• Haha 2

The laugh is for that last one, even though it's not actually a pun.  (Which I guess means it's a bad pun, so never mind.)

• Haha 1