What do you like/dislike the most about...

jesskayding

1. Sherlock

He's fearless/inconsiderate

2. John

He keeps a clear head/he still has trust issues

3. Mrs. Hudson

She's motherly/she's a ditz

4. Molly

She's insightful/low self esteem

5. Lestrade

He's optimistic/ too daft for a detective

6. Mary

Has a very approachable personality/ she's selfish

• Like 1

1. Sherlock

Those eyes, that voice, that mind/he lies to John

2. John

He's kind/that Christmas jumper

3. Mrs. Hudson

She's a ditz/nothing, I adore her

4. Molly

Her modesty/her meekness

5. Lestrade

He's level-headed/not in the show enough

6. Mary

The way she treats Sherlock/the way she shoots Sherlock

7. Mycroft

His dialogue/his machinations

• Like 2

1. Sherlock

He's fearless/inconsiderate

2. John

He keeps a clear head/he still has trust issues

3. Mrs. Hudson

She's motherly/she's a ditz

4. Molly

She's insightful/low self esteem

5. Lestrade

He's optimistic/ too daft for a detective

6. Mary

Has a very approachable personality/ she's selfish

Ooh, this sounds fun... Okay:

Sherlock: What's not to like? I love Sherlock. All of him. I guess I love his "hero mode" the most, though, if I have to decide. He's my version of the knight on the white horse. By the way, I really, really want them to make him use the "be brave" quote from "The Speckled Band". If Sherlock ever says that in Mr C's lovely voice, I will swoon. What do I like the least? God, that's hard. Um... Well... Okay, the "Jim from IT is gay because" deduction from The Great Game was pretty stupid. He's a prey to rather bad stereotypes occasionally.

John: I love his solid common sense and his humor. I don't approve of his attitude towards his wife, at least not the one he exhibits in His Last Vow.

Mrs Hudson: She's wise, in her own way. Brave, too, and funny. She's aged very well. What do I like the least about her? Huh. Difficult to answer. She can be pretty clueless sometimes. The way she talked to Sherlock before the wedding was downright insensitive. But that's lovably human.

Molly: She's such a good person. I love the way she loves Sherlock, how accepting she is of him, how she looks beyond his talents and his greatness and just loves him, the human being. And she's not selfish about it, she doesn't seem to want him for herself or anything. She should seriously reconsider her dating choices, though. Come on, Jim Moriarty and Tom?!? Molly, dear, you could do so much better...

Lestrade: Another thoroughly good person. Great sense of humor, very compassionate for a man who has seen as much murder and mayhem as one in his position must. It's heartwarming the way he looks out for Sherlock. He's not my type, though. Too much of a "manly man", with his beer and sports and pubs. But that's hardly his fault.

Mary: I think what I like the most about her is her love for John, which I am convinced is real. She's also very funny, and she can be downright cute. "Come on husband, let's go"... AWWW!!! What I like the least is what I perceive as a condescending and not sufficiently appreciative attitude towards Sherlock.

I'll add one more: Mycroft. Hmmm... He has some of the best lines. But apart from that, I don't find may redeeming features. His worst stunt so far was enjoying the sight of his little brother being tortured.

• Like 1

1. Sherlock

Grandmaster of sass / Manipulative

2. John

Faithfulness / sənssı ʇsnɹʇ sɐɥ llıʇs

3. Mrs. Hudson

Motherliness / For the love of God, stop screaming so much

4. Molly

She can actually see past Sherlock's sociopathicness / still lets him walk over her sometimes

5. Lestrade

That accent tho / Too desperate for Sherlock's help (hence the fake drugs bust)

6. Mary

Doesn't sit around while the boys have all the fun / We don't know much about her

7. Mycroft

Also a grandmaster of sass / so friggin'  lazy

• Like 2

2. John

Faithfulness / sənssı ʇsnɹʇ sɐɥ llıʇs

How you do that? ????

Your list was a scream, loved it!

¡sʎɐp sǝsǝɥʇ oʇ dn ʇǝb spıʞ sbuıɥʇ ǝɥʇ 'suǝʌɐǝɥ poob

• Like 3

I forget. Hey, Bendy, is there a way to convert it back to being upright? :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1. Sherlock

Determination / spoiled attitude

2. John

Down to earth / almost inability to say 'no' to Sherlock

3. Mrs. Hudson

Tolerance / busybody

4. Molly

Occasional mind in the right place / The kind of character that in real life I would be suspicious of faking it for sympathy (so sue me for being a heartless, paranoid b**** :P)

5. Lestrade

Level-headed and not afraid to admit when he's in bind and need other people's help / please give the silver fox a bigger role in 'Sherlock'!

6. Mary

Confidence / it take Sherlock to make John shave off that ugly bristles of his

7. Mycroft

Machinations *grins* / not enough using his mind. SWOT, Mycroft, even in everyday life.

• Like 1

1. Sherlock

Like:  His Brilliance

Dislike: When he tramples all over everyone's feelings (is inconsiderate)

2. John

Like:  Very amiable

Dislike:  His anger, when he loses his temper

3. Mrs. Hudson

Like:  I think she's funny b/c she kinda ditzy

Dislike:  Her seedy past.  I don't want to think of her that way, even though it does make her character more interesting.

4. Molly

Like:  The way she can read Sherlock so very well.

Dislike:  When she's awkward, it gives me second-hand awkwardness.

5. Lestrade

Like:  Same as John, amiable.

Dislike:  Can seem kinda dense at times.

6. Mary

Like:  She's clever

Dislike:  Same as Mrs. Hudson... her seedy past.  It hurt John, and it hurts me that it hurt John.

7.  Mycroft (I can't ignore one my favorite characters)

Like:  His biting humor

Dislike:  How he treats Sherlock at times

• Like 1

1. Sherlock

Like:  His Brilliance

Dislike: When he tramples all over everyone's feelings (is inconsiderate)

2. John

Like:  Very amiable

Dislike:  His anger, when he loses his temper

3. Mrs. Hudson

Like:  I think she's funny b/c she kinda ditzy

Dislike:  Her seedy past.  I don't want to think of her that way, even though it does make her character more interesting.

4. Molly

Like:  The way she can read Sherlock so very well.

Dislike:  When she's awkward, it gives me second-hand awkwardness.

5. Lestrade

Like:  Same as John, amiable.

Dislike:  Can seem kinda dense at times.

6. Mary

Like:  She's clever

Dislike:  Same as Mrs. Hudson... her seedy past.  It hurt John, and it hurts me that it hurt John.

7.  Mycroft (I can't ignore one my favorite characters)

Like:  His biting humor

Dislike:  How he treats Sherlock at times

:D Oh dear... It seems I like a lot of the things you dislike about the characters. I love it when Sherlock is an insensitive asshole, I love John angry and I get a huge kick out of Mrs Hudson being a secret pot head and an ex-stripper, pardon, exotic dancer. I adore Molly being awkward, too. And I've become quite resigned to Mary's background. It makes her sweet facade so deliciously sinister.

Oh lord, I'm afraid if I made a TV series, it would be called "freaks and misfits rock" or something like that.

• Like 2

1. Sherlock

Like:  Willingness to do whatever it takes to save his friends
Dislike:  Tendency to pout when he doesn't get his way

2. John

Like:  Courage, loyalty, competence, and sarcastic wit
Dislike:  Blind acceptance of other people's assessments of him; and

. . . . . . .  Not asking Mary to explain why

3. Mrs. Hudson

Like:  Friendliness
Dislike:  Her aggressive "tolerance" of John's supposed gayness, despite his denials

. . . . . . . (it does make me laugh, but seems disrespectful of John)

4. Molly

Like:  Her choice of career, and standing up to Sherlock
Dislike:  Being so self-blind as to be attracted to a Sherlock clone

5. Lestrade

Like:  Seems like an all-round good guy (without being boring)
Dislike:  Drawing a blank here -- maybe I don't "know" him well enough

6. Mary

Like:  The way she handles Sherlock (firmly but with affection -- she really should make a good mother)
Dislike:  I wish she had confided in John and/or Sherlock -- but on the other hand,

. . . . . . .  how could she be sure that wouldn't put them in danger

7.  Mycroft

Like:  His delicious smarminess
Dislike:  His disregard for others' feelings (part of his job, I suppose, but still ....)

• Like 1

What fun!  I'll play before I head out to morning meetings.....

Sherlock

Like:  Quirkiness, disregard for what other people are thinking of him, intelligence, tantrums

Dislike:  Not much.  

John

Like:  Not willing to put up with Sherlock's crap without calling him on it.  Not the bumbling idiot that so many Watsons are made out to be.

Dislike:  Hair trigger on the temper, although it makes for a good plot point now and again.

Mrs. Hudson

Like:  That she is portrayed as a woman who has lived a lot of life, and she isn't a cardboard cut-out "senior" character.

Dislike:  The "Sherlock and John are a couple" jokes written for her are getting a little old.

Molly

Like:  Her evolution over time into a stronger character.

Dislike: Her fashion sense.

Lestrade

Like:  That he's a competent DI in his own right instead of being written more as an "Anderson" character, which is always the temptation for the Lestrade character.

Dislike:  Not much.

Mary

Like:  That she has no problem with Sherlock and John's friendship and she has no intention of disrupting it.  That she has a past and a lot of skills in her own right.

Dislike:  That moment in Leinster Gardens when it appeared she would shoot Sherlock again if she had to.  I don't care if she thinks it would protect her marriage.

Mycroft

Like:  His patriotism, his love of following the rules, his utter "umbrella up the nether regions" attitude.

Dislike:  Some of his pettiiness with Sherlock.  I also like some of it, too.

Sherlock

I love his quick mind but maybe I like his insecurity even better, I love it when we see a glimpse of that/should never lie to John again

John

So completely accepting of differences/the moustache!!!1noooo

Mrs. Hudson

Her naughtiness/the state in which she keeps 221C

Molly

Brainy & nice looking & good (although one could also argue 'bad') taste in both men and careers/all the nervous energy

Lestrade

His exasperation with Sherlock/his weird and random appearance in Hounds

Mary

I think she's a lot of fun/pregnancy

Mycroft

His expressions and the way he speaks/very little, I love Mycroft! Ok maybe ditch the umbrella, lol.

• Like 5

(This seems like a good place for my first post, albeit a bit late to the party).

1. Sherlock

His absolute drive, and his complete loyalty to John/he lies to himself too much

2. John

His quick temper, his willingness to rein Sherlock in/his tolerance

3. Mrs. Hudson

Her kindness/her tone of voice, sometimes

4. Molly

Her willingness to help her friends/how easily persuaded she lets herself be

5. Lestrade

His smile, ability to ask for help/.... Nothing, he's pretty awesome.

6. Mary

She sees right through Sherlock/didn't trust her husband enough with her story

7. Mycroft

He's pompous, obnoxious, a bit of an automaton, my favourite character. I love the sibling rivalry and his protection of Sherlock.

• Like 5

(This seems like a good place for my first post, albeit a bit late to the party).

7. Mycroft

He's pompous, obnoxious, a bit of an automaton, my favourite character. I love the sibling rivalry and his protection of Sherlock.

OK, tell us what you DO like about him! :D

Welcome to the forum! Glad you jumped right in.

• Like 1

Hello there! It seems such a fun place to be, as I am discovering daily myself!

On we go:

Sherlock

His great mind and photographic memory / his blindness to the shortcomings of people he has let under his guard, like Mary.

John

His abnormally high tolerance level where Sherlock is concerned/ his easily hurt feelings (he is an ex army doctor as he keeps reminding us all)

Mrs. Hudson

Her over protectiveness of the extraordinary young man she takes on as lodger with his companion/ her ambivalent attitude (she repeatedly declares she is not their housekeeper, yet keeps their flat in a semblance of order and even brings him his tea in the morning).

Molly

Her extraordinary capacity for love and her innate strength / the fact that she carries her heart on her sleeve, allowing Sherlock to manipulate her over and over again.

Lestrade

His poise, aplomb and general bearing for such a good-looking leading man pretending to be a Scotland Yard inspector/ his unshakeable belief that one day Sherlock may be a good man.

Mary

Her self-confidence (I am the best thing that could have happened to you)/her decidedly off-putting past (wet jobs for the CIA, indeed!)

Mycroft

His constant concern about his erratic little brother and quintessentially upper civil servant appearance/ his lack of understanding emotions of any kind, even though he has some himself (perhaps he is not willing to process them).

• Like 3

7. Mycroft

OK, tell us what you DO like about him! :D

Welcome to the forum! Glad you jumped right in.

Another person who loves Mycroft!!!  Welcome!

ckFsXqW.gif

• Like 2