"Warning: Cannot modify header information?"

I loaded this site and at the top there was random gibberish and then the words,

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/banshee/public_html/sherlock/forum/uploads/profile/photo-1592.jpg:40) in/home/banshee/public_html/sherlock/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line141"

repeated a few times. I had to scroll quite a ways to get to the actual content. I cannot upload the screenshots I have of this because any size file is now considered "too big". I cannot access individual topics, only threads. My notifications aren't loading. The Attach Files button is now what looks like an advert for an Asian thing.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is my computer exploding?

Yep, we traced this issue to a rogue profile pic causing the forum software to get confused.

Hopefully it shouldn't happen again!

:)

• Like 3

Yah, for awhile there all I could get was the pic, and nothing else. Scared me, glad it wasn't a virus on my computer! (I think everything's a virus now when something doesn't work like it's s'posed to :smile: )

I wasn't getting anything but a pageful of some kind of code, and then I had to go out for the day.  Thanks, Tim -- glad to see that it's all better now!

I never noticed anything...possibly I don't visit here enough.

Sorry, does that make me a bad person?!

I don't know about you, but I'm having trouble getting into the internet:

"This Web page took too long to load".

Damn thing. I'm surprised I got in here. It's intermittent.

I agree, the 'net's been increasingly sluggish as August wears on, but I always have more trouble in the summer, I just assumed it was normal I guess.

You too?! :o

This is what I keep getting:

post-1354-0-19708800-1408287938_thumb.png

No, I don't get that, it's just taking longer and longer for the forum to load. Especially when replying to a quote. But the whole internet's slower lately, for me. I'm assuming it will improve in the fall, it always does.

Yeah, when all the kids go back to school!

Besleybean, the reason you didn't notice that weird problem is presumably that you were not trying to use the forum this past Saturday around 13:00 GMT.

• Like 1