Egad, Camper, are you doing research? (Eeeep, has anyone seen Johnspec recently?) (I think it was a crappy movie, that's why I can't remember what it was.... )

XD :D Are you implying what I think you are implying?

As moderator, can you put special encrypted code or something for this thread.

It's some sort of bro code to cover...eh... protect each other..? Maybe?

I don't think this thread does any good in case any of us needs character-witness-thingy someday.

I don't know, what do you think I'm implying? :d

I'm just a lowly mod, I have no clue how to code anything. Maybe we should be using pig latin?

• Like 1

Maybe we should be using pig latin?

Whhuuuatttt… :wtf: 

Beside how it works, why on earth is it called Pig Latin? It’s not Latin and I don’t see pig. Wait…. Oooooohhhhhh…… but pig is very intelligent animal. Ohhhhh….I see why.. but that is misconception.....

Nevermind.. pig latin it is. :D

Let’s try, I have too much to do to be here but I am curious.

I-yay ought-thay at-thay e-shay ust-may ad-hay ade-may it-yay or-fay is-hay ience-scay oject-pray.

At-whay id-day ou-yay ink-thay i-yay as-way inking-thay? :whistle:

There.. I have gone mad.

• Like 1

Nope! No way, no how, cuddly teddy bear shadow and nonexistent supernova! If we use code, then it should be pidgin English or Thieves' Cant, or good old Cockney homophones!

• Like 1

Okay okay.. I see that it could drive you mad.. :rofl:

Anyway, you think that is a teddy bear's shadow? :blanket: What kind of scary teddy bear that you have? There are no ears, it has neck and potruding collar bone!

• Like 2

Ou-yay on't-day ant-way ootay ow-knay.

Elcome-way ootay e-they unny-fay arm-fay.  (Hey, this might work!)

• Like 1

Egad, Camper, are you doing research? (Eeeep, has anyone seen Johnspec recently?) (I think it was a crappy movie, that's why I can't remember what it was.... )

Johnspec is alive an well I told him to swallow what was in his mouth before reading your reply.  Also no research. I just put in random stuff knowing that it could do some damage somehow without knowing how.  I paid attention in Chemistry to what is an acid and what is a base & biology about the PH of our blood & I know that too much sodium at once can be lethal.

To everyone else.  That ain't a teddy bear as Arcadia's avatar, It's an upside-down shadow over some holes in the sand that we discussed somewhere on here many moons ago.

• Like 1

Of course I remember the fuzzy avatar's story, first deduction outside Sherlock we had.

I was just having fun imagining scary cuddly teddy bear.

Anyway, let's have another murder. A group of friends, went hiking in West Africa jungle. They didn't come back on schedule time, let's say when they were supposed to check out from an inn. A rescue team was deployed, and all three members of the group were recovered, separated, but one of them was dead.

The two remaining gave stories of all of them going different way to increase their chance to get help.

The area of the dead man was found in quite disarray condition, and there were traces of vomit.

Describe the murderer.

Imagine if I used Pig Latin. :p

Anyway, you think that is a teddy bear's shadow? :blanket: What kind of scary teddy bear that you have? There are no ears, it has neck and potruding collar bone!

HEY!!!! I do so have ears! Well, one ear. Part of an ear.

Johnspec is alive an well I told him to swallow what was in his mouth before reading your reply. 

Then why am I being haunted by this voice from the otherworld.....?? :blink:

• Like 1

Well, I know the story, and Carol's impressive deductive reasoning skills, but the dear moderator will always be a shadowy teddy-bear to me. Glad to know that Johnspec was not used as an experiment! :smile:

This should be dead easy for you, Sherlockians to the core:

A young woman who had gone shopping to the local chemist's is found dead in her bedroom by her husband, who, as a City broker has dabbled in dodgy investments and has accrued huge liabilities towards his clients. His late wife was the only child of very rich merchants.

DI Dimmock, even before the post-mortem arrests the husband.

Sherlock, inquisitive git, as usual, searches the couple's flat, gives his customary "Oh" exclamation upon inspecting the contents of the bathroom, turns to Dimmock and calls him an idiot, since the young woman committed suicide, fully intending to have her husband blamed for it to punish him for his persistent streak of infidelities.

How did she do it?

HEY!!!! I do so have ears! Well, one ear. Part of an ear.

Johnspec is alive an well I told him to swallow what was in his mouth before reading your reply. 

Then why am I being haunted by this voice from the otherworld.....?? :blink:

Because he's crazy like that.  Pretends to be some immortal being while be completely insane like the rest of us. :)

@VBS venom from the bite of a venomous snake-cobra or adder could do it possibly.

@Inge sorry haven't studied that much chemistry unless she had too much sodium at once.

• Like 1

Dear Jenn, Sherlock checked that her toothbrush was dry, but there were three empty toothpaste tubes in the litter basket.

There are few information here.

She went to the chemist.

Dimmock thinks it’s murder.

Sherlock knows it’s suicide. He concluded this after he went to the bathroom. (In uni day, I also  get my ideas from bathroom visits ;p)

Although Dimmock thinks it’s murder, I would assume there is no obvious cause of death here. Because one, it is not communicated in the case file, and two, it would be difficult to create those in suicide scenario unless there was someone to help, which I don’t think so, so I eliminate stabbing, straggling, physical wounds etc.

What is it with bathroom? There are couples of possibilities. The wife could mix common bathroom chemicals to create toxic gas, such as bleach with drain cleaner or ammonia or anything to do with hydrogen peroxide. Sherlock must has some knowledge about it and there are some proves in the home that convinces him that the wife also possesses  that knowledge, maybe reading materials, some clues about the wife’s occupation that leads to that conclusion, of some proves or traces of the mixture being prepared intentionally.

Eta: three tubes of empty toothpaste is a bit careless isn't it? There are some potential dangerous ingredients in toothpaste but many of them are slow killing as is something like carcinogen, and those are quite common in other products.  Fluoride could kill if ingested in big amount I guess.

What about the trip to chemist? There is a possibility that the death also caused by seemingly harmless medications. Maybe the wife, or husband, or someone in their house have some prescription medication lying around that could be quite harmless by itself. However, a trip to chemist to get another prescription or just over the counter medication could change that, which is the scenario of medications mixed together to create dangerous effect. Some anti-depressant or anxiety medication (which explains the state of someone suicidal) combined with pain killers could be fatal. Or maybe aspirin with some incomparable medication like blood thinner medication could create internal bleeding. Or certain common medication taken in big doses. Perhaps Sherlock saw a prescription, a date and daily recommendation intake, and calculate that the remaining medication in the bathroom is far below what it should be in the bag. So someone had been misusing them, and deliberately harm herself.

On why Dimmock arrests the husband.. well, he is Dimmock :P..if the wife really wanted to get the husband in trouble, she could just also play around things. Some suspicious will, some subtle message Rache style, clear motivation, no alibi, guilty look, it’s textbook. :)

@Camper, not trace of snake bites or wounds.

• Like 1

Well, think dry toothbrush and three empty tooth-enamel brightening toothpaste tubes! It's a rather unpleasant way to commit suicide, but totally effective and well-nigh irreversible after about half an hour. Think of active ingredients, dear fellow members! :smile:

PSSSTT! Gang, I've found Johnspec! He's in the ... er ... otherworld. No explanation yet how he ended up there but I suspec....grygglflxxxxx...

• Like 2

PSSSTT! Gang, I've found Johnspec! He's in the ... er ... otherworld. No explanation yet how he ended up there but I suspec....grygglflxxxxx...

What are you talking about? What is the matter with you this evening? Did you see too much All? Or others? Tell me! THE NAME!  NAME!

• Like 1

I don't know, I think I passed out and when I woke up I had three hands and Johnspec was urk!gajbleonyfkkkk......

• Like 1

I don't know, I think I passed out and when I woke up I had three hands and Johnspec was urk!gajbleonyfkkkk......

I am standing here dumbfounded like Johnny Depp watching Benedict Cumberbatch beating up a gigantic teddy bear in television show and not sure what to do or what to think..

Can't talk now, I am lying senseless in front of a brick wall. Put there by Camper.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, think dry toothbrush and three empty tooth-enamel brightening toothpaste tubes! It's a rather unpleasant way to commit suicide, but totally effective and well-nigh irreversible after about half an hour. Think of active ingredients, dear fellow members! :smile:

Too much peroxide, fluoride, or sodium tripolyphosphate leading to toxicity in the blood stream and/or hypoxia, thus death.

Lead lodged in the back of the head,

Crimson liquid nowhere in this empty room

How was it done?

When there was no weapons-such is of a gun?

Welcome to the forum Chereskol.  Leading from a stain glass window at some other location and once the victim drained out was placed in the room.

• Like 1

Absolutely correct on the ingredients, especially fluoride: ingest enough toothpaste and you find yourself answering St. Peter's queries!

Lead also found in several high-end sketching pencils, to stabilise a higher than average percentage of graphite.