Outtakes!

sfmpco

I'm sorry, I know I'm bad, but I just love stuff like this. Thanks sfmpco!

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, sfmpco -- I hadn't been able to figure out what they were supposed to be doing!  I can't catch much of what they're saying (here's hoping the DVDs have subtitles!), but it's funny nevertheless.

I wouldn't be surprised if 9/10 of the outtakes were Martin doing something to crack Ben up.....

• Like 2

Oh -- if you click on the YouTube button at the bottom of that video, the viewer comments include this from firefly927:

Benedict: ...saying sweetheart. What the f*** is that all about? I don't know.
Martin: John Duttine, the actor. 
Benedict: On a particular day in November, how old was he?
Martin: No no. How old did he become in March this year. How old?
Benedict: I didn't even know who John...John Duttine was. I thought you were making sh** up.
Martin: Hmm, I assumed you'd probably been christened by him. 
Benedict laughs 
Director: Action
Benedict still laughing take cut
Martin: I thought you knew every actor over 50.... I thought there was a by-law.
Director: Action!
Benedict laughs take cut
Benedict: I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

And this exchange:

JohnCartney:   Well, Benedict's bed sheet fall outtake is definitely on the new DVD.

Kate M:   +JohnCartney And you know this how?

Juul X:   +Kate M I believe Sue Vertue tweeted about it confirming that the famous fall will be on the dvd's

Benaddicted:   +Kate M Sue confirmed it XD

• Like 2

In the commentary for "Scandal," Moftiss mentioned that when Sherlock tries to stalk out of the room in Buckingham Palace, but Mycroft steps on his sheet -- well, in one take, Mr. Cumberbatch stumbled, and because his arms were somewhat wrapped in the sheet, he was unable to catch himself.  Not a pleasant experience, but reportedly hilarious if you're not Benedict Cumberbatch.

Adding a couple of bits that got missedL

Benedict: ...saying sweetheart. What the f*** is that all about? I don't know.
Martin: John Duttine, the actor. 
Benedict: On a particular day in November, how old was he?
Martin: No no. How old did he become in March this year. How old?
Benedict: I didn't even know who John...John Duttine was. I thought you were making sh** up.
Martin: Hmm, I assumed you'd probably been christened by him. 
Benedict: (giggling) Sorry!
Director: Action
Benedict still laughing take cut
Martin: I thought you knew every actor over 50.... I thought there was a by-law.

Benedict: Oh stop. 
Director: Action!
Benedict laughs
Benedict: Very funny. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

So excited for the outtakes. I loved this one and the sheet one sounds epic because even Benedict has mentioned it in an interview or two.  The description of a thud and the crew laughing made me hope that it had gotten on tape and when Sue confirmed it shortly after te special edition was announced, I was so excited. I'm waiting for the next 26.5 hrs or so until I can afford to pre-order.  Got to love card limits and pre-authorizations.

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard that while they were filming TSoT, the disco music came on while John and were supposed to be waltzing, so Martin and Amanda started doing a robot dance, and Benedict played his violin like a guitar!

• Like 1

Some of my favorite parts within a movie or tv series are the outtakes & the behind the scenes stuff (commentaries over the footage or seeing how they did things, etc.)

• Like 3

Currently that is true but the newest edition coming out will have more.