Benedict can't say "penguins"?

sfmpco

I only have it to follow a handful of celebrities.  OK, so mostly David and Gillian b/c they decided to start trolling Twitter earlier this year and sending each other bizarre tweets.  lol.

No, I meant, I don't understand it. Well, I don't get it either.... :smile: Tumblr either.

• Like 1

They seem to be mostly about passing along things that someone else posted.  But at least they maintain an audit trail.

• 1 month later...

I found the Graham Norton show yesterday, and finally heard what the pengwing thing is all about. 

People don't usually laugh aloud when they are alone. (I've heard that's why a laughter is incorporated into the soundtrack of soap operas)

I was laughing so loud that my neighbor probably thought I've finally lost my mind.

I think it will stay stored in my mind palace as a bit to cheer me up if needed. I still laugh aloud at the memory of it. smilie_happy_251.gif

I try to limit my BC intake, because it is so hard not to get all fan-girly over him. Have you seen the bit with him doing Smaug? It blew me away, I really thought Smaug's voice was heavily modified. thwow.gif I have also heard him doing Chewbacca somewhere else... what the hell does he have in his throat? A synthesizer?

As for the Pengwings in Madagascar: don't you think it could be him doing fun of it? There is also a North Wind mentioned if you know what I mean...

But I actually don't recognize the voice as his. 

• Like 1

The pengwing fiasco seemed to have come to light in August/September after Penguins was done recording/filming. So his doing it on purpose in Penguins may or may not be there.

With the documentary, that is older and it was missed by a bunch of people. And that miss came to light less than 6 months ago. With the cartoon, if he does it wrong there (which he might) then it was too late.

Apparently he still gets in wrong in the animated film.

Bless him.  Now I really want to see the film.  lol

• Like 2

Apparently he still gets in wrong in the animated film.

Bless him.  Now I really want to see the film.  lol

Yes he does, and yes you should. The script is a scream.

Have you seen the bit with him doing Smaug? It blew me away, I really thought Smaug's voice was heavily modified. thwow.gif I have also heard him doing Chewbacca somewhere else... what the hell does he have in his throat? A synthesizer?

Apparently a lot of people (even movie professionals) thought his voice had been heavily doctored. I was utterly boggled by the video of him doing the voice / mocap -- seeing and hearing him do Smaug with no digital assistance. Just incredible.  I knew he was a good actor from seeing him in Sherlock and a couple of movies -- but Smaug is a whole 'nother thing.

As for the Pengwings in Madagascar: ... I actually don't recognize the voice as his.

Right, Sherlock doesn't really sound like him, either. I read where someone didn't like Smaug because he didn't sound like Sherlock. I'm kinda the opposite -- amazed and delighted whenever I hear Cumberbatch do a new voice -- or see him do a whole new person.

• Like 1

Have you seen the bit with him doing Smaug? It blew me away, I really thought Smaug's voice was heavily modified. thwow.gif I have also heard him doing Chewbacca somewhere else... what the hell does he have in his throat? A synthesizer?

Apparently a lot of people (even movie professionals) thought his voice had been heavily doctored. I was utterly boggled by the video of him doing the voice / mocap -- seeing and hearing him do Smaug with no digital assistance. Just incredible.  I knew he was a good actor from seeing him in Sherlock and a couple of movies -- but Smaug is a whole 'nother thing.

As for the Pengwings in Madagascar: ... I actually don't recognize the voice as his.

Right, Sherlock doesn't really sound like him, either. I read where someone didn't like Smaug because he didn't sound like Sherlock. I'm kinda the opposite -- amazed and delighted whenever I hear Cumberbatch do a new voice -- or see him do a whole new person.

I saw an interview the other day Benedict did and eventually he used the 'kongalator' (sp?) that Andy Serkis used in King Kong as he was losing his voice doing Smaug.

He certainly did seem to be giving it everything he had.  (What's a kongalator?)

It's a voice change device used to make King Kong's voice in the movie that came out however long ago and also used to help Benedict make Smaug's voice so that he wouldn't have to damage his vocal chords any further.

• Like 1

perhaps we should petition Oxford Dictionaries for an alternate pronunciation.  Either that or we'll just call it a Benedict-ism.

• Like 1

perhaps we should petition Oxford Dictionaries for an alternate pronunciation.  Either that or we'll just call it a Benedict-ism.

Or a Bene-diction.
  • Like 2