Whose Death Could You Tolerate....

I half expect that any money Sherlock has at death will at least in part go into a special trust fund for Baby Watson assuming he never has any spouse/kids of his own.

Sherlock never having kids.... what a waste of DNA...... ;)

• Like 1

Something tells me Mycroft's already beat you to it. :d

He can have his Sherlock, I can have mine. :)

If one day, the day my posts starts to sound very intelligent and gramatically correct, that's him people. Means I would have succeeded in cloning him.

But maybe I should take some martial arts to prevent him because nobody should take over me here!

Maybe that's what we do when we corner Sherlock with the mistletoe. We swab some DNA for a clone project at Baskerville. We can each have our own Sherlock at that point.

Good idea.. but he is forbidden to use my kitchen.

However, you sure you want to do it in Baskerville?

I don't really want him to glow in the dark..

• 3 months later...

:giggle:

I just read your DNA/clone discussion and had to think of Sheldon Cooper getting a napkin used by Leonard Nimoy as a present from Penny (in The Big Bang Theory)...I don't know if you have seen the episode, don't remember which one it was, but it must have been in one of the early seasons.

Basically he also said he'd probably got his DNA and could make a clone of Mr.Spock then. :)

I thought you seemed awfully busy tonite! Today. Whatever.

I could tolerate the death of Billy Wiggins. Easily. :evil:

Me too. Although from a storytelling point of view, it would be kind of pointless, because who would actually care. I guess you could use him as a redshirt of sorts, but I do not really approve of that in general... Personally, if characters have to die on a show, I want their deaths to actually mean something (other than "this situation was really dangerous, see, it killed a random minor character we created for this purpose").

Theoretically, I could dispense with Mycroft, but I have a hard time imagining a meaningful death for him. He seems like exactly the kind of character who will live to old age and just fall asleep peacefully one night to never wake up again. Anything else would simply be too dramatic for him.

This may sound crazy, but I suspect the "best" death I can imagine on the show would be Sherlock's - for real this time. I've said a while ago that I'd really like an ending to the story, and I am not satisfied with "oh, he retires and becomes a beekeeper." Besides, I am convinced that what both Doyle and Sherlock Holmes originally wanted was for the great detective to sacrifice his life for something big and spectacular.

It would break my heart to see Sherlock go, but it would break it even worse if I had to see the series suffer from being drawn out too long. And in a way, he will always be immortal.

Just don't let him leave us just yet... And NO MORE FAKE DEATHS! I know they can be found in the original stories in abundance, but not everything Sir Arthur wrote is worth repeating, if you ask me.

• Like 2

@Bluebell, yes I watched that episode.

See, it's not crazy idea after all. Maybe because I don't find Sheldon repulsive at all, I think he is endearing. :)

@Toby, agree.

But I hope it's long long loooooong time in the future, preferably on my death..cliff, but yes, I prefer to see it ends than declines in quality. But then again, I would miss him too much, and it's not okay, it's not okay!

Yes, Sheldon rocks. :thumbsup:

Noooo, too many people died already on the show, so if you ask me - no deaths this season of significant characters, ok? :skull:

Not even Mycroft, he's funny.

(Only when they make him really stuff himself to death with the food, like in the special he was aiming to happen... :giggle: he would die then with a chicken bone or something sticking out his throat...total comic relief! :lol5: )

It would be like you'd kill Mrs. Hudson.... and who would make tea and biscuits then??? :nope_sad: Nooo, no, that would not be good.

• Like 1