How To Request Adult Access.

Undead Medic

Adult access on the forum is granted (and revoked) at the discretion of Mods and Admins.

Members wishing to join the group must fulfil these obligations:

• You must have clicked the "I legally confirm that I am Over 18, and that it is legal to view adult themed content in my area of residence" checkbox in your profile. DO NOT click this checkbox unless you genuinely are over 18, members found to have deliberately lied to gain access may face a temporary or even a permanent ban from the entire forum, depending on circumstances.
  • You must have a post count greater than 20.
  • Avatars and Sig banners must be of a non adult nature, even if you only use the adults only area.
Once these obligations have been fulfilled a request can be made directly to an Admin via Private Message. The Member of staff will check the above criteria and approve/deny the application. The Admin's decision is final in these matters. Edited by Undead Medic
Removed public display of DOB rule.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My date of birth? None of your business. But I'm older than dirt, if you really care.

Post count? I don't know and don't care--the two probably are related.

Avatar and signature? The tiger is clearly an adult. However you judge the rest is your personal matter.

I'm guessing that I don't really need "adult access."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are adult fanfic recommendations, yes. Also any art or conversation that is considered "of an adult nature" ends up there :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When I joined the forum, I clicked the "over 18" button, but didn't immediately try to access the adult areas. Some months later, I was startled to read the rules in this thread. I had well over 20 posts by then, and a family-friendly avatar of course -- so far, so good -- but I don't like to post my date of birth publicly. Like subtle science, I decided that I didn't really "need" adult access.

Having recently acquired adult access as a Moderator, however, I've read some good, thought-provoking discussions in the adult areas. I'm thinking there may be other people who would appreciate adult access, but who consider their date of birth to be private information.

Since we've already been asked to "click here" if we're over 18, is there really any need to know our exact date of birth? If not, I'm hoping the Admins will consider changing the rules.

• Like 1

I am currently considering a review of the adult access rules. If anyone has any issues with the date of birth rule I would ask them to (politely) share them here, or if they feel it more appropriate they can drop me a Private Message.

• Like 1

After a period of consultation I have decided to withdraw the need for public posting of DOB information. Members are reminded that the checkbox on their profile labelled "I legally confirm that I am Over 18, and that it is legal to view adult themed content in my area of residence" should be checked prior to requesting Adult Access, and should only be checked if you genuinely are over 18.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok I'm still confused.  Am I allowed?!

You would certainly appear to meet the criteria. Just let me know if you want to join and I'll add you to the Adult Access group.

:D

• Like 1

See I thought I'd already requested this.

But ok, I'm requesting it again.

Yes please.

Sorry for the confusion. This has now been done for you. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is in the adult sections is basically whatever the members want to discuss that's of an "adult" nature.  What's currently in there is recommendations of "adult" fan fiction, also some fan art, plus a few more generic (i.e., non-Sherlock-related) discussions.  However, the adult sections are fairly small, and haven't seen much activity lately.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

You mean, there's... naughty stuff... in there...? :o

• Like 1

Some. But there haven't been many new posts in there for a long time. I guess people are having more fun out here with everybody else.

• Like 1