Carol the Dabbler

Season 2 DVD Documentary

This thread is for discussion of "Sherlock Uncovered," the documentary on the Season 2 DVD.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just noticed something kind of odd in the "talking heads" shots -- they have reversed all the footage of Martin Freeman, so that he looks like a mirror image of himself. Several things didn't look quite right, but the clincher was that his shirt (the same one he was wearing in the scenes they showed from the early part of "Scandal") was buttoned backwards!

My husband and I tried to figure out why they might have done this, and the only reason we could think of is that both he and Benedict Cumberbatch were actually filmed facing the same direction, but whoever put the documentary together wanted them sort of facing each other (even though they were never in the same shot).

This is what comes of watching a DVD documentary once too often!

• Like 2

You know, I'd never noticed but then I've only seen it once. Time to get out the dvd again, I think.

It's never a bad time to get the DVD out again... :D

... I'd never noticed but then I've only seen it once....

We watch it whenever we watch the episodes, so this must've been roughly the nth time for us.

It's never a bad time to get the DVD out again...

That's the motto around our house!

Oh, Hubby had an interesting theory that I neglected to mention last night: I was wrong about them reversing the film -- it only looked that way because Martin Freeman was wearing a left-handed shirt.

The SCANDAL one drove me barmy...

But The HOUND one is the best of the lot.

Mark is hilarious!

Courtesy of my daughter's best pal, I am currently the owner of a spare DVD of BBC Sherlock S1 and S2. 
As I already have them, these are on free offer to anybody who would like them- on a first come, first served basis.
I am initially posting on Facebook, Twitter and my two Sherlock forums.

• Like 2