Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses

Caya

• 2 months later...

To heck with Sherlock, when do we get to see THIS?

Well, heck, where's the fun in that .....

• Like 1

Okay. You only need to stand in the corner and think about what you have done. You have 4 minutes to learn your lesson, and don't get high and don't dig stanger's grave during that.

You're on. Just let me get my screechy violin bow.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they went for the hunchback look in spite of the recent scoliosis diagnosis. Interesting. I already feel sorry for the b*****d.

Anyone know when this premieres in the US?  I assume it is going to be on PBS Great Performances, but that makes it horrible to set the DVR.

As far as I know it hasn't been announced yet. :( Their website just says Spring/Summer of this year.

• Like 1

My God, he's so handsome....How does he manage to look so young? Another brilliant performance, in "Henry VI, Part 2", though the speech along the lines of "I'm so deformed, no woman will ever fancy me" isn't very convincing when delivered by an actor with the face of an angel!

Can't wait till next week, when it's "Richard III.". As a citizen of Leicester, and thus a staunch supporter of Richard, Shakespeare's version is pretty libellous but an interesting study of a complex and subtle mind. I'm sure Benedict will do it justice.

• Like 1

Oh, this was... so beeping marvelous. faint.gif

Forget Hamlet. THIS is the real thing. :P Ben has completely stolen the show. Such a fantastic villain and psycho. Have seen his Smaug performance showing trough from time to time, so much, that when he says "I am..." I expected him to say "fire" instead of "am myself alone". But I think that meeting this gaze, Smaug would run away with his tail between his legs. He has such great madman's smile (Ramsay Bolton comes to mind)

And still, there are moments when you want to hug him. (which I never thought about Ramsay...)

Agree completely that, villain though he is, there are times when you could hug him. Clearly, they wanted to show how a young man brutalised by horrific experiences, such as the murder of close relatives, turns into a heartless killer. The shot of him holding his brother's newborn baby was quite creepy - as The Guardian put it, "like the babysitter from hell."

• Like 1

Wahhh, we still have to wait months to see this .... :cry: :cry:

• Like 1