Caya

Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses

The BBC has issued a press release that principal photography has begun on The Hollow Crown, Benedict Cumberbatch's turn as Richard III. I'll just leave this here:

2G7EyRc.jpg

• Like 3

And Andrew Scott as King Louis... so glad it will be on in the US on PBS Great Performances.  Think it's time to update me email preferences from PBS so I can find out when it will air over here.

• Like 1

Look at those cheekbones.

• Like 1

Cheekbones? Oh, right. Those. Sorry, I was distracted for a moment by the steely gaze.

• Like 2

Nice horsey, too!

• Like 1

The BBC has issued a press release that principal photography has begun on The Hollow Crown, Benedict Cumberbatch's turn as Richard III. I'll just leave this here:

2G7EyRc.jpg

:wub: *THUD!*

• Like 1

Rats, I was hoping they were announcing that it was going to start airing in other countries.....

Rats, I was hoping they were announcing that it was going to start airing in other countries.....

I haven't been following this much, but it looks like what's been aired so far is available as a Region 1 DVD from Amazon US -- but the part with Benedict Cumberbatch won't be aired (or, presumably, released on DVD) till next year.  (And you probably knew that already.)

If I did, I'd forgotten it. (And probably will again. :D)

I haven't been following this much, but it looks like what's been aired so far is available as a Region 1 DVD from Amazon US -- but the part with Benedict Cumberbatch won't be aired (or, presumably, released on DVD) till next year.  (And you probably knew that already.)

I think next year is going to be an incredibly busy year for BC for promoting projects.

I thought this thread had an air date in it.  Drat.

• Like 1

I'm hoping PBS replays the first 3 before they air the new ones next year so I can see them.

• Like 2

Same here. Shall we start a petition? :)

Is there an air date for this yet?

Not that I have seen and I just double checked on IMDb and PBS' Great Performances for any date US or UK.

• Like 1

:cry: :cry:

I know I shouldn't check this kind of thread, at all.

Come on guys, why post the pictures???

It's bad enough. I am not very young, wasn't even half like this when I was a teenager, looking at a strange man's picture, a knight in shinning armors. :lol: :lol:

I blame you all.

• Like 2

Come on guys, why post the pictures???

It's bad enough. I am not very young, wasn't even half like this when I was a teenager, looking at a strange man's picture, a knight in shinning armors. :lol: :lol:

I blame you all.

I blame Benedict. That young man has a lot to answer for .......

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
Added quote
  • Like 2

The last I remember I thought PBS was giving it to the US audience in the fall nearly 6 months after the UK release.

:(