Sherlock Coming to BBC America

SherlockedCAMPer

For all of us in the US with cable/satellite, the BBC has announced that Sherlock :sherlock2: is coming to BBC America November 8 at 8/7C followed by the season finale of Dr. Who.   :)  :D   :applause:  :party:  Info can be found at: http://www.bbcamerica.com/sherlock/

• Like 3

Not that it makes any personal difference to me (since we don't have cable / satellite service), but do you (does anyone?) know what episode they're starting with, how many they plan to show, and how often?  Alex pointed out that the clips in that trailer are all from Series 1.

I'm not sure but I would hope from the beginning.

According to BBC America's twitter, the time might actually be 7/6C so be prepared for an hour earlier.

If you plan to watch, please keep us posted.  I assume they're showing the full BBC versions of the episodes, rather than the PBS samplers?

According to BBC America's twitter, the time might actually be 7/6C so be prepared for an hour earlier.

Maybe they hadn't realized that US Daylight Time would be ending on the 2nd?  I think British Summer Time ends a week earlier, so if they're controlling the transmission from the UK, that could explain the uncertainty.

So true.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked BBC America's schedule and it is going to be A Study In Pink on Saturday at 7/6c followed by the season finale of Doctor Who for all of us who get that channel.

How long of a time slot have they allocated for "Study in Pink"?  I'm assuming 90 minutes, and I'm further assuming that BBC America runs no commercials or other extraneous material -- so they're airing the episode intact?

It is given a 2 hour block so not sure what they will be doing with the extra 30 minutes.  It's completely surrounded by Doctor Who because of that show's season finale.

• Like 1

Having fun watching Sherlock right now on a decent TV (parents have a flat screen unlike my large CRT).

BBC America is replaying s1.1 right now. Sherlock just got into the cab. S1.2 on in about 30 min.

If you missed TBB tonight, it's replaying after Graham Norton at 11/10c

Looking forward to TGG tonight at 7/6c. When I checked BBCA's site earlier in the week, they did not show any replay of the 1st 2 episodes. Will be checking at closer to 2pm my time to double check.

• 3 months later...

For anyone home tonight in the US & has BBCA: ASIP is on at 7cst tonight.

• 4 months later...

We had been wondering about this over on another thread:

What is BBC America's rationale for running Star Trek: The Next Generation:huh:

And CAMPer had come up with this:

Maybe because Patrick Stewart is from the UK?

I've finally been able to verify that a bit.  According to Memory Alpha, BBC America aired the Trek movie Generations back in 2010, apparently because it stars two British actors (Patrick Stewart and Malcolm McDowell).  That must have met with their audience's approval, because shortly thereafter, they began airing ST:TNG.

Seems like a flimsy reason, though, especially since they've been airing as many as ten episodes per day.  I'm still wondering why they don't use more actual BBC programs, current and/or classic.