Mark Gatiss News

Convict13

Interesting documentary -- but where was the Mark Gatiss news?  ;)

Did anyone else experience a minute or so of silence here and there?

2 hours ago, J.P. said:

Yes, I also had silent bits.

Maybe that's where they put the secret messages for BBC subscribers only?  :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I was too slow, YouTube's removed it. Anyone want to share what we missed?

• 1 month later...

HI! I haven't been here for a while!

I'm planning to go and see Madness of George III on the 17th of november (in the evening). Someone here for the same day? It would be nice to meet fans for the occasion. Anyway. I'm looking forward.

Hey, Janyss! I'm not a traveler either, but I hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

Well, when I realised the most reachable cinéma from my home was London, and with the évent on a night in the week, I thought that it would not be so many efforts more to attend IRL lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This thought also crossed my mind. They stopped making NT shows in Stuttgart that I could reach in about an hour, and now I have to drive to Mannheim which takes 1:40. Making those shows on weekdays is not the best idea TBH, they would get more viewers on weekends. In any case I've a reason to take some days off. :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.P. said:

Making those shows on weekdays is not the best idea TBH, they would get more viewers on weekends.

My assumption is that they view such special showings as sort of a public service, rather than as a money-making proposition as such.  So while they're willing to tie up one auditorium on a weeknight, they'd rather not forego the surefire income they could get from a blockbuster movie on a weekend.

• Like 3

Okay, this comes with a trigger warning.
Mark talks the loss of his mum and sister to cancer.

What first came to my mind, was the morgue scene in SIB. It's hard to put it in words, but I definitely see a connection. As if Mycroft was (or at least wanted to) shield himself and Sherlock from that kind of pain. And maybe it came from this experience.

https://twitter.com/StandUp2C/status/1055952098649694208

• Like 1

Can't really say I see this...

I do think Mycroft may sense that Sherlock actually cared about this person and is trying to be kind.

But he is also reminding Sherlock that it is 'dangerous' to make these kind of emotional attachments and they do distract from work.

I think Mycroft even does his best for Eurus out of a sense of duty.

But think he is genuinely moved by Mummy taking hold of his hand.

• Like 3

J.P., I like your interpretation very much. SIB is far from being my favorite episode, and the scene from the morgue didn't really suggest me anything. But I'll rewatch it with what you wrote and what I learnt about Mark's family. It changes a lot, indeed, in my feelings about TFP! The three siblings, including asister disappeared from the family's storyline... his very sad family story may have been tranferred somehow here...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Oh, geez, they're both wearing beards, can you get any more cliché? Next thing we know Mark and Sue will announce they're splitting up.

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound as snarky as it seems … just so tired of men abandoning one project to work on something else and proudly showing how their lives have changed by sprouting a beard.....

• Haha 1