Mark Gatiss News

Convict13

Mark was always, even if not all the time, wearing beards. As long as Sue isn't starting one, it's still okay, I think.

Maybe Steven was yelled at by angry Johnlockers on the streets, so he thought he should hide. A bit. Maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

In theory, they haven't really abandoned Sherlock, just put it on a bit longer hiatus than usual.  After all, once they've completed heaven knows how many months of Dracula post-production, then rested up a bit, they'll be all ready to think up plots for Series 5 -- right?

Oh and as I am just catching up....maybe I ought to point out that my last comment referred to dracula  and not Sherlock!

On 8/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, Arcadia said:

Oh, geez, they're both wearing beards, can you get any more cliché? Next thing we know Mark and Sue will announce they're splitting up.

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound as snarky as it seems … just so tired of men abandoning one project to work on something else and proudly showing how their lives have changed by sprouting a beard.....

Or -- perhaps the beards signify that (having completed the filming) they are now preparing to abandon Dracula and return to Sherlock.

Or -- perhaps they've been so busy getting Dracula wrapped up (so they can get back to Sherlock) that they simply haven't had time to shave.

23 hours ago, Arcadia said:

*sniff* At least Caya gets me..... 

Hey, we were running out of things to analyze!  :P

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:52 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Or -- perhaps the beards signify that (having completed the filming) they are now preparing to abandon Dracula and return to Sherlock.

Or -- perhaps they've been so busy getting Dracula wrapped up (so they can get back to Sherlock) that they simply haven't had time to shave.

Uh-huh. Reaching, Dabbler. :P 

I don't have much interest in Dracula myself, Besleybean. But then, I didn't necessarily have much interest in yet another reiteration of Sherlock Holmes, either. Shows you what I know. :smile: 

• Haha 1

That was the difference for me,  was so ready for a new and different Sherlock Holmes and was more than pleased with what I got!

• Like 1

And I didn't have any interest in Sherlock Holmes at all. Not that it changed much regarding SH - BBC (aka "our") Sherlock is an exception. :D
I have seen so many shows, films, listened to audiobooks etc.  because of the show, Dracula is just another in the queue. :P

• Like 1

True, because of my fondness for Sherlock, I've watched dozens of things I probably wouldn't have bothered with otherwise, and thoroughly enjoyed most of them. So I suppose I'll survive Dracula too. :smile: 

Oh, wow!  I can't believe I somehow missed that Dracula wrapped.  I even follow Mark on Twitter and have notifications turned on for him.  Maybe because he posts so often I largely ignore the notifications.  lol

I'm excited for Dracula!  I'm trying to temper my expectations.  If I go and try to compare it to Sherlock it's only likely to disappoint me.  Also, a hello to everyone!   :wave2:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't think he does it for everyone!

I gather you did know he is an incredibly talented artist?

9 hours ago, besleybean said:

I gather you did know he is an incredibly talented artist?

Well, I do now!  (If I'd heard about it before, it had slipped my mind.)

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, J.P. said:

Hell, I'm so jealous!

Me too. Dang.

(Look away if easily offended.)

A few of us(ahem) cough, confessed that we had other thoughts...when we first saw this pic.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...