Mark Gatiss News

Convict13

Maybe it's just me, but I think he makes a better man!  Maybe a better woman than Steven Moffat, though (and as I recall, he's also on the "Women" panel).

• Like 2

Might they have been talking about writing the Special together?

I'm almost certain it was something along the lines of "we liked writing the special together so much we might try it again in the future." But heaven knows where I heard/read it. Pretty sure it was read, not heard, though.

Arcadia, Mark Gatiss is indeed a woman!  At times...

ed673b4b13ddfaa446a6d71923bea8bd.jpg

Gah. My eyes!

Ack! Pleasepleaseplease make Peter Capaldi the major villain of series4! >.<

• Like 2

I'm almost certain it was something along the lines of "we liked writing the special together so much we might try it again in the future." But heaven knows where I heard/read it. Pretty sure it was read, not heard, though.

Ah -- they "might." So sometime in the indefinite future, not necessarily Series 4 (and as far as that goes, not necessarily ever).  If that was what they said!

Maybe somebody will find that quote at some indefinite time in the future.  ;)

• Like 3

:rofl: THAT'S IT! The major villian in S4 is Uncle Rudy, played by - ta da - Mark Gatiss! With an even more lurid shade of lipstick...... Sherlock must stop him before he burns out the retinas of the entire world.......

• Like 4

Mark Gatiss is finding out about his ancestors in 'Who Do You Think You Are?'

http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/mark-gatiss-films-who-do-you-think-you-are-in-derry-1-6929054

• Like 2

Mark Gatiss is finding out about his ancestors in 'Who Do You Think You Are?'

http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/mark-gatiss-films-who-do-you-think-you-are-in-derry-1-6929054

I need to figure out how to see this.

• Like 1

Youtube sometime after it airs.  I saw Martin Freeman's episode that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm, the special looks quite violent..... Oh, there was something about Mark Gatiss in there too, wasn't there... :smile:

• Like 2

Hrm, the special looks quite violent..... Oh, there was something about Mark Gatiss in there too, wasn't there... :smile:

You do realize that the violent bits were from other things Mr. Gatiss has been in?  (Just checking!)

There is definitely some guns shooting. Danny H being on set is only reassuring me - he is the one you call when it makes boom. What I found more interesting is that one of the scenes included what I think is the living room wall in the middle of the street. C'mon is it Christmas yet? waiting.gif

PS. Mark is soooooo getting better with time. smilie_girl_349.gif

• Like 2

There is definitely some guns shooting. Danny H being on set is only reassuring me - he is the one you call when it makes boom. What I found more interesting is that one of the scenes included what I think is the living room wall in the middle of the street.

True (and there were also some Setlock photos involving guns, come to think of it).  They've used guns before, though, without any great violence (if we just ignore one pesky episode).

But I didn't realize Danny Hargreaves was their "make it boom" guy -- thought he was just the flip-up bed expert!  ;) 

Lovely interview from Mark, but I find the interviewer a little rude at times, she cuts him off at time.  And what is with her sexual connotations with everything?

I watched that on YouTube this morning and it seemed to me that Mark sounded more like Albert Finney than Mark.  His voice was deeper than normal.

Mark is very determined to be the King of Ireland and/or an Irish Time Lord.  I'm dying.

ETA:  I also love that he's planning to knock off all of his MANY distant relatives so they don't threaten his throne.

OK, embedding videos still isn't working for me, so I'll just post the regular link, which should actually work for everyone:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmb_T5gvZmk

• Like 2