Convict13

Mark Gatiss News

What's all this "Froot Loops" business?  Dare I ask?

Maybe they edited out some Tweet that included the term?

I assume he's talking about Victor Frankenstein?  Look at all the cast & crew overlap between that and Sherlock!

Well, the gentleman threw me for a loop when he claimed in the latest convention that Mycroft might make an appearance in the Special, although IMDb does not credit him with a part! Is Moffatt-itis contagious?

Well, the gentleman threw me for a loop when he claimed in the latest convention that Mycroft might make an appearance in the Special, although IMDb does not credit him with a part!

IMDb is the Wikipedia of the cinematic arts -- in other words, anyone can join, and members can post things.  So, although it's generally a useful site, the information on it is not necessarily official.  (And "there's a good chance" is hardly definitive!)

• Like 1

Hrm, the special looks quite violent..... Oh, there was something about Mark Gatiss in there too, wasn't there... :smile:

You do realize that the violent bits were from other things Mr. Gatiss has been in?  (Just checking!)

Oh. Er, no, actually. He's been in other Victorian things?

OK, embedding videos still isn't working for me, so I'll just post the regular link, which should actually work for everyone:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmb_T5gvZmk

Wow, now I'm really curious as to what that was, as that link now leads to this charming message: This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. What the heck was it, Carol, an infomercial? :D

Nope. It's Dracula

After following that link, I'm still not quite certain what sort of production this is -- an audio drama?  I do see that Ian Hallard is also in the cast.

OK, embedding videos still isn't working for me, so I'll just post the regular link, which should actually work for everyone:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmb_T5gvZmk

Wow, now I'm really curious as to what that was, as that link now leads to this charming message: This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. What the heck was it, Carol, an infomercial? :D

You expect me to remember after three weeks?   :wacko:  Sorry!  I usually make a point of saying what it is I'm linking to -- wish I had that time!

• Like 1

The world premiere of Alfred Hitchcock and Ernest Lehman's unfinished screenplay, the follow-up to North by Northwest - now completed by Mark Gatiss.

Hitchcock's The Blind Man

and the photos of the cast

I seem to get the same page twice.

Interesting, though.  I'd never heard that anyone had been working on a sequel.  So this is a radio play, right?  (At least that way, we won't be able to see the mountains in Indiana! ;) )

Fixed the link.

Thanks!  So now this link leads to a recording of the radio play.  I've listened to just a bit of the beginning, and it sounds intriguing.  Plus the narrator is very nicely "suggesting" Alfred Hitchcock's delivery (without doing an out-and-out parody).

• Like 1

Always wanted to ask Mark a question?  I think today is your day. So I assume that is British time not too sure., but you don't have much time.

This season of Doctor Who has been a roller coaster of adventure, full of Zygons and Daleks and spinny hugs. The series continues next Saturday, November 14, with episode 9, Sleep No More, written by Mark Gatiss. To celebrate his return to Doctor Who, Mark will be hosting a Tumblr Answer Time right here on the Doctor Who Tumblr!

Starting Monday, November 9 at 11am ET / 8am PT, Mark will be answering questions submitted to our askbox, which can be found right here

https://www.tumblr.com/explore/answertime

Thanks for the link.

I would loved to have gone to this, Melbourne is only about a 9 hour drive, but,  I had to choose and I chose to go see Stephen Fry instead.  

Get Ready to Love Mark Gatiss  :wub:

ETA: just about an hour ago I was ruminating about the fandom names and that BC's name is so easy to re-use. Then I thought that as a German fan of Mark I could proudly call myself Gatissanbeterin, (Gottesanbeterin in German means Praying Mantis, literally: God-worshiper).

Your obsession... eh, you know.

Any other ideas?

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing, J.P.!    The following from the article are things I've thought of, and I've never even met the man.  He really seems to be a delight.

In short, if you meet Mark Gatiss, you want to be best friends with him instantly.

To say Mark Gatiss is disarming would be an understatement similar to saying Sherlock Holmes is smart.

From personal experience :P I would spontaneously apply those two lines to Andrew, but it is of course a matter of situation you are in with the other person. With Mark I would feel (and felt) more self-aware and afraid of making a fool out of myself (which didn't prevent this happening). His wits are a little bit intimidating. :D

I finally finished my most recent Gatiss gifapalooza from his Who Do You Think You Are? episode:

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo1_400.gif

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo2_400.gif

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo3_400.gif

• Like 1

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo4_400.gif

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo5_400.gif

tumblr_ny1ltlIwgV1u2q2qxo6_400.gif

• Like 2

Geez... before you watch 3. episode of London Spy, be warned - some things in it cannot be unseen!

I'm literally shellshocked by the appearance of Mark in it. What an appaling, loathsome, disgusting character, you start to hate him even before you recognize him (which isn't hard at all). And this made by doing... nothing. Just being there... Mark is a beeping genius! I don't know if I can see Mycroft with the same eyes again! :wacko:

• Like 2

Ben Whishaw is Q in Bond!  I knew he looked familiar... I've been staring at this photo in that article JP posted for like 10 minutes.

I'm trying to find where/how to watch this and can't find it.  No scheduled air times on BBC America yet.