Louise Brealey News

Carol the Dabbler

tumblr_inline_ndqq9dNGaf1qjn7nd.jpg

The lovely folks at Scream Con have offered Sherlock fans the unique opportunity to submit questions for one of their attending guests - Molly Hooper herself - Louise Brealey.

SO, HAVE YOU GOT A QUESTION FOR LOUISE?

If yes, you can either submit your questions by tweeting them to @twogeekyguys or alternatively leave them in the notes below, and the best will be put to Louise during the Q&A on the day.

For those who can’t make the event in person, the Q&A’s will be recorded and published online after the event, so those who have submitted a chosen question, will still have an opportunity to see their questions answered.

You can read the entire article here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This isn't news, but I just recently finished Bleak House.  OMG.  Loo as Judy was hilarious.  It was one of the few things that didn't depress the hell outta me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't even about Louise Brealey -- not exactly, anyhow.

When zooming in on North Gower Street with Google Satellite View, I noticed a pub just a short distance away called "The Bree Louise."  It's on Euston Street (not Euston Road) about halfway between Speedy's and the train station.  Wonder if the cast and crew have ever noticed?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMG.... why did I watch that?!   I am so very sad now.   But I did literally LOL at the bracelets at the beginning.  That's the story of my life anytime I've tried to wear bracelets because my wrists are so freakishly small.

I did not know she is dating anyone! 

She was seen quite snuggly with him on a red carpet event recently.  I doubt he was just arm candy.  

She was seen quite snuggly with him on a red carpet event recently.  I doubt he was just arm candy.  

See, this goes back to the .01% attention I pay to celebrity news, red carpets/award shows, etc.   ;)   I'm never in the know unless I stumble across it on Twitter or Tumblr.

• Like 1

See, this goes back to the .01% attention I pay to celebrity news, red carpets/award shows, etc.   ;)   I'm never in the know unless I stumble across it on Twitter or Tumblr.

How very Sherlock of you!

• Like 1

Or on this forum....

• Like 1

Or on this forum....

This is also true!

• Like 1

I think I'm hopelessly spoiled by Sherlock.
It was in the middle of the day, in the middle of an urgent job when I thought about the film above and suddenly I realized that you can see it from two POVs: one is a story of a very lonely person, the other about a serial killer that chooses a victim as a birthday gift.  :huh:

• Like 1

I think I'm hopelessly spoiled by Sherlock.

It was in the middle of the day, in the middle of an urgent job when I thought about the film above and suddenly I realized that you can see it from two POVs: one is a story of a very lonely person, the other about a serial killer that chooses a victim as a birthday gift.  :huh:

Going with the first idea, I though it was an interesting story choice by Loo since she is such a feminist.  But in the end, was the character actually heard?  I started off watching it and wondering if she was deaf and we were doing all the hearing for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the freshest news -- but Alex and I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on DVD tonight, and the credits listed Louise Brealey as "Hairdresser."  We both said "Huh?!"  So we went back and fast-forwarded to the hair salon scene, and sure enough!  She had maybe five seconds of screen time and one line of dialog ("Is that good?"), so I guess I'm not too embarrassed that we both missed noticing her the first time through.  Plus, one of the main characters was in the foreground at the time.

Anyhow, now we've seen her in something other than Sherlock.

Also, this is the first thing I've seen Bill Nighy in that I wasn't watching primarily because Martin Freeman was also in it.  (Freeman isn't in this movie at all.)  And it's a sweet, cute movie.  Wonder what the sequel's like?

Thanks for the reminder!  Apparently the movie is available only as a Region 2 DVD, but it's (barely!) under 10 pounds, and we do have a region-free DVD player.

For those who haven't heard of Delicious, we have a thread with more info.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a brilliant letter and she read it very well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...